Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New offline playlists keep disappearing

New offline playlists keep disappearing

Hi people,

Ive got a HTC Sensation and been using spotify happily for the past year. Now however (for the past month or so), whenever i sync new songs onto my offline playlists, they eventually (usually within the next 10 - 30 mins, or after closing/re-opening spotify) disappear and have to be re-downloaded. <-- this cycle just keeps having to be repeated. When re-syncing the playlists though, after having already synced them previously before losing them, some of the albums take literally 3 - 4 seconds to re-sync - as though spotify knows/remembers there meant to be offline ??

Can anyone help with this issue?

Quick side question - Is there any way to find out how far through your 3,333 songs per device has been used, or if it has already been reached?

Cheers 🙂

17 Replies

The problem here could be Spotify getting confused as how many devices you have registered for offline use, as the system thinks you have the maximum of three at the moment. Would you like us to try resetting this information so you can begin again from scatch?

Bear in mind that you'd need to resync all offline content again afterwards.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

This isn't the solution.

There are so many peaple having this problem and there is so many about this on forums, als reported to spotify but offline playlists keep dissapearing spfor 1 month now. Many peaple lose their patience.

If it aint fixed, i'm not paying anymore for this sevice.

Yep, what you've described is exactly whats happening on my nexus s. Clearing the app data, uninstalling, restarting the phone, and reinstalling, then having to re-download all your playlists is supposed to fix it. But it hasn't in my case. 

Any help from the spotify people would be great. 

Thanks

I have the same problem... 

Hello Richard.

I have exactly the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S since one Month.

Initially I got a message telling me that I have more than three devices synchronised.

So I unsync all my stuff from all my computers exception made from my main one, and of course my phone.

Next I cleared all the data from my phone, uninstall the app, reinstall the app, resync everything...

All was going fine, except for my more recents offline playlists... they disappeared from my phone as soon as I'm going offline.

I have to goback online, and wait 10 to 15 minutes to see them back.

Could you please reset my synced devices information from your side, and let me know, or tell me what I need to do, for not being bored anymore and enjoy your fantastic service as previously (before issue appears).

Thanks so much for your help.

A french fellow custome (so please apologize my very bad english).

Regards.

Christophe

PS: My account login is CCarvounas

3 offline devices max? WTF? Why do you need to apply such limitation? since we can't use online mode on more than a one and only device at any given time?

Thanks for your comment but do you have a solution about my issue ?

Just to answer to your question, We are plenty who synchronize offline two or three devices (netbook, tablet, phone) with Spotify, regardless the fact that of course only and only one device can have an online access at any given time... 

But I'm sure that there is another thread to discuss on this topic... so if you have any answer to my issue, I would be more than glad to know it.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

Hey all, just to let you know - we're still working on this. Please see the main thread here.

In the meantime, if you'd like your offline devices reset as a troubleshooting step, please post in this dedicated thread: 

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Need-your-offline-devices-reset-Pos...

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hello All, Hi Richard.

yesterday I asked for a reset of my synced devices... job done very quickly, thanks to you people of Spotify.

I resync everything on my phone.

Unfortunately this does not solve the issue of ghost playlists.

I'm using the last version of the android app.

The only way to keep the offline playlists is to never kill the spotify process.

As soon as the process die, the playlist disapears, and reapears only (and very quickly) when you have an internet connection.

For now the only turnaround that I found is to exclude my spotify process from any death with some dedicated android application.

This is definitely not optimal because the ram remains occupied.

I'm glad to know that your developpers are working on this issue... which implies one of the most used feature from Spotify services.

I'm going to wait a bit more, at least until my next paypal payment.

After that if no solution has been found, despite my three years as premium customer, I will cancel my subscription.

Regards.

Same thing happening here HTC One X. It's so annoying. I give it another week, and I will cancel my service. Why pay for crap.

Hi,

I have the exact same problem. I have only one mobile device on which I use spotify, HTC Sensation, and I have no idea how to solve this. It is just plain annoying because most of my playlists share the same same songs, so I definitely have not reached the 3.333 - which is, btw, another annyoing regulation which I do not understand... I thought that this problem was related to one of the upgrades of the app, because it started after the lats update that was installed. I tried to uninstall but that didnt solve the problem.

Same problem HTC One S.

It forgets about some downloaded playlists but others stick.

Have hade the issue since I got the phone (mid 2012) and with different versions of Spotify and both on Android 4.0 and 4.1.

Same problem

HTC One S

Keeps original playlists, but won't make new ones stick.

Will try the reset thread and see if it help.

Hard when you have private PC, work PC, Phone, tablet  and WD Live

Guess I'll have to choose what not to use?

You can.use spotify on as many devices as you like (just not simultaneously ).
You're only restricted to three for downloading offline playlists to
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Ahhh, how do I set what devices should automatically update the downloaded content?

//Frank

second time it happens to me. I think it happenned because of the update, really annoting.

Can you clear my offline data so i can start again, thanks!

Suggested posts