Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New phone no songs playing/no playlists loading NOTHING WORKING!

New phone no songs playing/no playlists loading NOTHING WORKING!

Plan

Premium

Country

Venezuela 

Device

Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro

Operating System

Android 7.1.1

My Question or Issue

Hey lovely spotify community. Have a bit of an issue with a new phone I got. I load up spotify but can't load any of my playlists, just have the green spinning circle for ever. 

And from the discover page i can find individual songs and press play and in the little bar it just says 'Loading... - Loading...' instead of showing artist name etc. 

Now I think maybe my situation/country may have something (everything) to do with this problem.. The phone I bought second hand in Brazil but reset it in Venezuela and installed spotify here. Now, I couldn't find spotify in the play store so had to go through the web to a link that then redirected me to the play store spotify page so i could download it that way. Not sure why I had to do this workaround becuase in the play store settings it says 'switch your country to Venezuela?' which means my play store is either located in Brazil or Australia (I have my spotify from Australia originally) but i don't know how to check where it is.

My last phone was bought new in Brazil and I could download spotify fine and use it and that phone worked here in Venezuela too. 

I've tried installing and re installing etc etc but with no success. Now, the only thing i can think of is that it is because i downloaded it here and its first use is in Venezuela....any thoughts on this?

Thanks a lot! 🙂

1 Reply

Hey there @Refkill22,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Keep in mind that Spotify is not yet available in Venezuela which would explain why you were having troubles finding the app on Google Play.

You can view a full list of all the countries Spotify is available here.

On another note, since you mention you're on Premium, you can stream Spotify anytime and anywhere in the world where unrestricted internet is available. 

If you're not sure the country registered on your Spotify account, can always check your country settings here

You can find more info on how to use Spotify Premium abroad here

Further, if you're still having troubles with the app on your Samsung device, we'd suggest giving it a try and performing a clean reinstall of the app. Here's how to do so: 

1. Head here and click Remove all devices
  2. Go to your Spotify settings, scroll down to Storage and then clear the cache
  3. From the Android home screen, tap Settings > Apps
  4. Find Spotify in your list of apps, tap it and clear the cache and data. Then select Uninstall.
  5. Switch your device off and wait a couple minutes.
  6. Switch your device back on.
  7. Open the Google Play Store then search for and install the Spotify Music app.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts