Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Starting last week, new podcast episodes are no longer appearing on their show's page, and when you get to that episode's page by searching for it, the episode is unplayable. Attached is a single example, but I can provide more if wanted.

This problem does not occur on desktop (windows 10).

Screenshot_20210614-143942_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20210614-144027_Spotify.jpg
6 Replies

Hi there @cihenneberger29,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

We've checked on our end and the latest episodes are indeed appearing in the respective show, including the one you're showing us, so there might be some syncing issues on your device. Try logging out, restarting your device, and logging back in.

If that doesn't help, try using a different connection, like another WiFi network or mobile data to see if that makes any difference.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Logging out and restarting my device briefly fixed the issue. The missing episodes were on the show page and were playable. I then went to check another show I had had the issue with, but the app froze. Upon force quitting and reopening the app, it was back in the same state as before, with missing, unplayable episodes.

Hey @cihenneberger29,

Thanks for trying and keeping us posted.

In this case, we suggest running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

If the issue persists, could you log in to your account on a different mobile device and let us know if the same happens there?

We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Tried the clean install and different networks approaches, unfortunately nothing. Will try a different device and report how that goes, but it may be a day or so before I get the chance. Thanks for the help so far.

Hi @cihenneberger29,

Thanks for your reply.

No worries, take your time to try it on another device and keep us posted. Also, try logging in to a different account, like a friend's or relative's, on your phone and let us know how it goes. This will help us in narrowing down the possible cause of the issue and see if it's rather account or device related.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Finally got to try it out on another phone, problem did not exist there. On a hunch, I uninstalled the app again, and this time wiped the android system cache before reinstalling. This seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks again for the help in trouble shooting this!

Suggested posts