Premium

Country

Mexico

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

Hi everybody! I still do not get the new redesign, evethough a alrady have the latest update. Should I wait or do I need to do something to get it?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks!

Spotify doesn't have an exact timeframe for this update but it should be available to everyone soon. Make sure to keep your app updated to the latest Spotify version.

I hope this helps 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hey there @rogeliomq, I'll be happy to help.

Could you try a clean reinstall of the Spotify app? If that doesn't help, I'd recommend giving it 24-48 hours for the update to show.

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hey @Billy-J, thank you for the quick response.

I already made a clean install but still no sign of the new redesign so I will as you mentioned.

I'll come back after it to let you know any news.

Do everything you can to avoid the new redesign!!!!

It's been 48hrs and I guess my phone or something is preventing me from the new redesign. 

Marked as solution

Hey folks!

Spotify doesn't have an exact timeframe for this update but it should be available to everyone soon. Make sure to keep your app updated to the latest Spotify version.

I hope this helps 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hey Billy-J / everyone,

Today I got the redesign. Thank you very much for your help and opinions.

Hey @rogeliomq.

You're very welcome! I'm glad you got the new update. If you need help with anything in the future, you can always start up a new thread and the community will be happy to help.

Have a great day! 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Trust me, you do not want it. Absolute hot garbage

Hey @David_Corcoran, and @HereforMusic1.

I understand how you feel. Spotify rolled out a new update to improve your listening experience. I'd recommend checking out this Spotify Answer for more info.

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

@Billy-J

It seems like change for change sake. 'freshening' up the UI yet haemorraging functionality in the process.

Is there a single person in the world who asked for alphabet scroll  to be removed?

What logical reason, please tell me, is there for removing what I played last?

I can’t be the only one who doesn’t ‘follow’ every artist after I like one of their songs? 

Stop trying to dictate to us how we should listen to our music. I don't want to listen to Podcasts (there are a 1000 better podcast apps than Spotify_ and stop trying to push artists and your curated playlists on us. Some of us like to listen to these things called "albums"

There's probably more, I had to stop because it's making me angry thinking about it

@Billy-J,

I appreciate the response, though I found this line laughable quote:

With new personalized Music and Podcast tabs you can better organize your library and find your content faster.

Perhaps it's because I primarily listen to albums, but the new changes have done the complete opposite of streamlined my experience. Also, I'm in an area with poor reception. The app will often crash or simply not work when searching for artists.

I have stopped using the app because it simply takes too long to sift through all my artists to find something I'd like to listen to. I just don't understand the utility of any of these changes. I found one post stating I could go back to an older version, which is what I plan to do since it seems that Spotify is not interested in addressing any of the complaints.

Made by an **bleep** who never uses music apps ..typically Spotify.

on a similar not, is there a way to roll back the update, as it took away how unliking songs removed them from albums

"Improve my experience"? hahahaha sure. Maybe if that experience was to be kicked in the **bleep** over and over while i tried to find and listen to music i saved.

Suggested posts