Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New releases feed shows Something went wrong error message

New releases feed shows Something went wrong error message

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

For the last 1-2 months my new releases feed hasn't been working.

The bell icon shows a blue dot but that's it. Every time i open it, it shows a "Something went wrong"

There's a try again button but it doesn't load. 

I've tried clearing cache and even reinstalled the app a while ago but the issue wasn't fixed.

I've updated the app 2-4 times since the issue first occurred hoping it will get fixed but nothing's changed. Still getting this.

Screenshot_20220402-183951~2.png

Is there a way to fix this? 

38 Replies

Hey @mayankkumar, we know you mention reinstalling the app, but especially on Android, residual files can remain that might cause issues.

Best to follow these instructions for a complete clean reinstall.

Let us know how it looks afterwards.

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

After moving, I see an error. Reinstalling and clearing the cache does not help.

Screenshot_20220404_234925.jpg

Reinstallation and other actions did not help. Error persisted.

Hey there @WILDMAKC

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Could you let us know if this only happens when you're trying to see your New releases feed?

On another note, we'd like to know if this is only happening on a specific device or on all your devices. 

Also, would you mind trying with a different internet connection to see if that makes the difference? 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Error persists on another device (Lg Q6 Android). Error persists when executing another ISP (gsm and Wi-Fi).

Same for me as well, but i suppose it does happen due to the uncertainty of our situation in Russia or in CIS region  in general, but hope i'm wrong. By the way, system factory-resetting doesn't change a bit.

Followed all the steps but still getting the error message after reinstallation, like other commentors

Hi @mayankkumar,

Thanks for posting on the Community.

Could you tell us what steps have you followed so far? Additionally, let us know if this is happening on multiple devices.

Lastly, send us over the make/model, OS version, Spotify version installed on your device and tell us if the issue started after a recent update. 

We'll stay tuned. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Error persisted.

Are there any solutions to this problem?

Reset data, reinstalling application, changing device - all this did not help!

Hey @WILDMAKC,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you try creating a free account for test purposes and logging in with that one on your device. This could very well be an account issue, as the error is persistent across devices and networks for you.

Also, let us know if you see the error message straight after opening the app or just in the new releases.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Plan

Premium

Country

Bangladesh

Device

Samsung galaxy A50

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

My spotify whats new doesn't load up. When i go into it, it says "something went wrong". I reinstalled spotify two times thinking its a problem on my phone. But it still happens when i use my account on another phone. Also, it works when i use a different account on my phone. So i think the issue is with my account.

Hey @Leamel,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

We understand you’ve already tried some troubleshooting steps including reinstalling. However, we’d like to suggest a clean reinstall as these steps are more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble with the "What's new" feature.

If that doesn't do the trick, could you try on a different mobile device using your same account? This will give us a better look if it's device or account related.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

hi Oscar,

The steps i took to reinstall spotify was clean reinstall which is clearing catch and data. 

And yes, I did try to use my same account on another mobile device and i got the same problem. So i believe the problem is related to my account.

To double check. I also logged in my sister's account on my mobile device, And there the "whats new" feature was working. So the spotify app on my phone is working properly.

Hey @Leamel,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info you've shared.

To keep investigating what's happening, would you mind including a screenshot where we can see the error message along with the Spotify version you're currently running? This will give us a better look at the issue.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

Yes, here is the screenshot. Also the version is 8.7.22.1125

Screenshot_20220419-222204_Settings.jpg
Screenshot_20220419-222149_Spotify.jpg

Hello. I registered a new free account - bell works fine, menu opens and shows new releases of musicians.

After logging into my main account - I see errors.

Hi @Leamel!

Does switching to a different network / Mobile data have any effect on this? You can also try unfollowing some of the artists / shows you follow, then following them back to see if that would do the trick.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hey @WILDMAKC,

Thanks for keeping us posted.
Could you and @StylerSL confirm the country settings of your original accounts as well as the country you're currently residing in?
Also WILDMAKC, can you let us know what the country settings of the new free account are as well?

Much appreciated!

VasilModerator

Both accounts are registered in Ukraine.

Error on main account started in February.
At that time, account was registered in Russia and I lived in Russia.

I have dual citizenship and I sometimes live in Russia and Ukraine.
Now, because of war, I live in Ukraine.
Error persisted when updating country settings and signing up for a premium subscription.

Suggested posts