Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New update (0.5.3.56) available at Google Play

New update (0.5.3.56) available at Google Play

A new update, version 0.5.3.56 is available at Google Play.

New features are:

• Better reporting of why you are offline
  • NFC sharing on ICS
  • Audio effects on ICS

Fixes:

"More crashes and bugs are now history" is all it says!

No word at all on if the most complained about bugs like being able to put the cache on an SD card or the increased amount of data usage that many are experiencing, are fixed.

Maybe someone from Spotify could comment here and be a bit more specific about what the bug fixes actually fix?

56 Replies

@erric wrote:

Any chance that this added the ability to transmit track info over bluetooth? 

nope, no chance.  that will never happen.

David,

Why is it seem impossible for spotify to start a beta program? People who can live with the bugs and know what BETA means can try it and the others can use the play store version.

It's a win/win where the community can help fix bugs quicker by giving feedback and we have a feeling that there is actually any progress being made with the app. I am a developer myself and I know that the best way to satisfy the customer is to have them as close to development as possible. We will be able to give stack trace logs which make your devs life a lot easier, and bugs solved a lot more quickly than trying to have to reproduce our problems. Plus im sure it would have saved your devs time implementing an NFC feature 99% of the people aren't going to use.

We have been waiting months now for VERY important features. 

@damunk wrote:

David,

Why is it seem impossible for spotify to start a beta program? People who can live with the bugs and know what BETA means can try it and the others can use the play store version.

It's a win/win where the community can help fix bugs quicker by giving feedback and we have a feeling that there is actually any progress being made with the app.

We have been waiting months now for VERY important features. 

you're implying that the play store version is NOT a beta?  lmao.

With respect David, your jokes and 'we're listening' in this thread are frankly inappropriate.

Spotify for android are showing only incompetence and a complete lack of understanding of its customer base.

I guess you will have to hope that the iPhone 5 is a hit rather than the S3, as the arrogance of Spotify here may come back and bite, if your customers start to want to use android instead.

@David wrote:

@licenced wrote:
Yep still no option to change storage location that I can see. David I believe you were the one who stated a month or so ago that this would be in the next release ... What happened?

I don't recall stating that it would be, although I hope just as much as you guys that a feature supporting this will be available soon. 

You're right David that you didn't make that statement, but Rorey did here...

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Bring-back-the-option-to-choose-a-folder-for-downloade...

@mannp wrote:
With respect David, your jokes and 'we're listening' in this thread are frankly inappropriate.

I apologise if I have caused any offence. By my "we're listening" statements, allow me to clarify. I am updating our internal reporting system with feedback, and reports from this thread, and others, at the moment. Anything else that would need further discussion, I will report to the community managers. 

For example, from the results of this thread I have created a report on the EQ not working on Beats Audio. Other projects, such as extensive data usage are in the hands of the right people, as are things like landscape mode. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

David, 

could you comment on having a beta version of this app released?

@damunk wrote:

David, 

damunk - Currently there's no plans for a beta release, nor are there any openings for a closed / open beta program on Android at the moment. In lieu of such a thing (and reviewing the possiblity, thanks to the thread licenced created) we're trying to be a lot "nimbler" in reporting internally, however. Hopefully my responses on this thread have shown that somewhat. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Thanks for finding that thread Steve

Perhaps Rorey could comment on the lack of sd card support then?
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

@David wrote:

@damunk wrote:

David, 

damunk - Currently there's no plans for a beta release, nor are there any openings for a closed / open beta program on Android at the moment. In lieu of such a thing (and reviewing the possiblity, thanks to the thread licenced created) we're trying to be a lot "nimbler" in reporting internally, however. Hopefully my responses on this thread have shown that somewhat. 

licenced did an excellent job with the thread showing all the missing functionality and most requested features after the Android client rebuild. It's just a pity that since April, when the thread was created, not very many items in the list have been addressed and crossed out.

@David wrote:

@mannp wrote:

I apologise if I have caused any offence. By my "we're listening" statements, allow me to clarify. I am updating our internal reporting system with feedback, and reports from this thread, and others, at the moment. Anything else that would need further discussion, I will report to the community managers. 

For example, from the results of this thread I have created a report on the EQ not working on Beats Audio. Other projects, such as extensive data usage are in the hands of the right people, as are things like landscape mode. 

Thankyou, but I am frankly staggered that you are saying this is happening only now, as the thread on whats missing and whats needed started in April.

Perhaps the community managers need to get out of their shiny offices (or stop listening to spotify on the iPad app) and actually read for themselves what their customers are saying?

Facebook are learning, forcing all their employees to actually use their android app and see how rubbish it is.

I wonder how many spotify community managers, PR execs, app designers and CEO actually bother to read what their customers think.

Seems not many; and yes as the apps are the main vehicles for Spotify, I would expect the CEO to be aware of the issues here.

David. I've tried a few minutes ago.

Still 0.5.2.87 on m.spotify.com

Can anybody send me the last version .apk?

Thanks guys.

It's a shame!

SD Card support should be maximal a 1-day job to implement.

I understand that landscape mode is something bigger but you have months to implement this...

Even when you developer team is only 1 person!!!

(i know what i'm talking about, i'm an android app developer)

Also the 'clear data' option has been removed from the settings? And by uninstalling the app, it _doesn't_ remove the cached/offline files... Why?

Furthermore, the workaround (by pressing 'menu'-button on login-screen) for moving the app to the sd-card has also been removed in the latest version.

On SGS2...

I'm trying to use the new Audio Effects panel in settings, but when i do so the whole app crashes. I'm on ICS Sony Xperia Arc. The feature is for ICS so it should work. Is there something that i missed? Someone else have this?

Hi,

I don't see any "audio effect" menu in settings of Spotify app ?? I am on a desire S with ICS with latest spotify version (0.5.3.56).

Can someon has the same problem ?

Thank you for your help

This is the first error message from the logcat:

09-06 12:01:37.336 E/AndroidRuntime(7245): java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: starting Intent { act=android.media.action.DISPLAY_AUDIO_EFFECT_CONTROL_PANEL cmp=com.TEST.android.lvh/.activity.Manager (has extras) } from ProcessRecord{2c3d0208 7245:com.spotify.mobile.android.ui/10114} (pid=7245, uid=10114) not exported from uid 10141

Xperia arc ICS 4.0.4

Anyone?

Hello.

Any users having problems using the Audio Effects option who are using Beats Audio, could you confirm the device you are using right here - http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Audio-Effects-not-showing-on-Beats-Audio-devices/td-p...
Airhorn Enthusiast

OK, I did a message to inform I don't have Beat Audio neither Audio effect on a Desire S with ICS phone

I'll be glad if this one doesn't constantly freeze. I can cope without EQ and all sorts of other stuff, but the external storage issue is a big problem. Being able to create folder structures on the phone would be good if you are downloading something new, or moving them into a folder. Having to use the PC for this is OK, but a bit limiting.

Suggested posts