Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New version does not work

Solved!

New version does not work

I've just been forced to download the new version. But it won't open. All I get is a blank screen and an error message pop up saying 'unfortunately this app crashed'
I use a HTC one m8. Is someone working on a fix because right now I cannot listen to anything?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Q-dance Can you try uninstalling spotify then remove the external SD card and redownload spotify music. Download or listen to some music before reinserting the SD card. It's likely that spotify will work as it should but the cache will be in internal storage.

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Hey there @Rick101, welcome to the community!

Can you try deleting all Spotify versions then restarting your phone then downloading Spotify again? 

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

With a bit of patience this seems to have worked. I did continue to get blank screen, but after a while the app came to life.

I have the same problem you discribe on my Galaxy S4, but the problem still persist.

@Q-dance wrote:
I have the same problem you discribe on my Galaxy S4, but the problem still persist.

Hey there @Q-dance, welcome to the community!

Did you try the steps I posted above? If so are you downloading Spotify Music and not Spotify (this version no longer works.)

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

I deleted everything spotify related, restarted phone and then downloaded the new version again. I did initially get the blank screen after logging in. But I left the phone for 15 min and the app started working. It was then very slow for a short while but it appears to work fine now. And by fine, just to clarify I mean it works as well as it did before this new version.For my phone its very good.

@Rick101 wrote:
I deleted everything spotify related, restarted phone and then downloaded the new version again. I did initially get the blank screen after logging in. But I left the phone for 15 min and the app started working. It was then very slow for a short while but it appears to work fine now. And by fine, just to clarify I mean it works as well as it did before this new version.For my phone its very good.

Hmm interesting. Glad it's all working now! I'll keep on the lookout for more users experiencing the same thing.

CC: @Peter__ 

Yes, I had downloaded the new Spotify Music app in the Play Store. I deleted the old version, installed and deleted the new version several times,restarted my s4 also several times, but still I get this black screen and Pop-up message saying that Spotify has stopped working. The Pop-up message keeps repeating itself every few minutes.

Edit: After looking up in my ext SDcard, I discovered a map called "com.spotify.music". After I deleted the app that folder was still there. I tried to delete it, but the folder seems to be secured. Also tried to delete it trought my PC and that still no luck. Hope Spotify will fix this problem.

I went on to my LG Enlighten VS700 to listen to my music on my commute.  Screen said to update by going to Google Play Store and download.  Did that.  Took me to original app.  Contacted Spotify and they said, as you did, it's "Spotify Music".  Unistalled older version.  Installed newer one.  Not compatible with my device now. Updated on tablet, though.  Oh, and about a week ago, updated to the newer version on the phone.  So I had the newer version at one point.  Very confused.  Have turned phone on and off several times.  Completely uninstalled Spotify.  Very sad.

I also got the repeated Pop up error message. But I uninstalled and deleted spotify entirely and turned phone off. It's fine now. Sorry it isn't working for you but you could try again. Maybe also take the sd card out as well and restart. Then download it again.

But "Spotify Music"  isn't even showing up in Google Play Store on my phone.  Only the original, older version which is pointless.

Marked as solution

@Q-dance Can you try uninstalling spotify then remove the external SD card and redownload spotify music. Download or listen to some music before reinserting the SD card. It's likely that spotify will work as it should but the cache will be in internal storage.

@LiterarySloth The newest release doesn't run on devices which can't run ARM 7+, which tends to be older or cheaper android devices. They posted something here, basically saying this isn't going to be fixed. Sorry 😞

@jwylot wrote:

@jwylot Thanks this worked for me!

Awesome. Let's hope there's a solution for those of us with 4.4.2 wanting to use external SD card soon 🙂

We I'm on 4.4.2 so I just checked where spotify is storing music. Unfortunately it is ignoring the SD card which is a pain because I'll have to be careful how much I download. So although spotify is working fine,it will only download music to internal storage .

Suggested posts