Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No Internet Connection

No Internet Connection

When i try to connect to spotify on my android phone on 4G LTE network, i get the error messsge no internet connection. I tried the troubleshooting suggestion anf still no connevtion
12 Replies

Is offline mode on in the spotify settings?

I have a similar problem, except it's not just mobile data, it happens on wifi too.  I always use Spotify's Radio.  I don't have any music downloaded.  A lot of times, I get the message "this is not available offline", but there is Internet connection.  It usually fixes itself after a few minutes of messing around with it (just going back and forth to starred and back to radio a few times until it finds the connection).

Just today, I'm at home and have my android tablet (Nexus 7) connected to my home stereo and listening to Spotify Radio.  All of a sudden everything stops.  Spotify is telling me "this is not available offline".  This time it took about 15 minutes until it started working again.  It happens a lot in the car too.  In the car, I stream music using Bluetooth off my HTC EVO phone.  It's tough messing with it while driving.  It can get frustrating.  

I checked the settings and offline is set to "off".

Hi. Do you have a premium subscription or are you using free in the US?

I think the first thing to try is a reinstallation following the steps in this FAQ. Please post again if this doesn't fix your problem.

Hi JW, thanks for your response.  I have a premium account.  This is happening both to my android phone and tablet.  I'll follow the instructions and reinstall on both devices over the weekend.  I'll let you know if the problem persits.

Thanks!

JW, my offline setting is off and I'm a premium user. I've already tried reinstalling the app and followed all the steps
in the FAQ, but the problem still exists.

@bryonb Could you spell out the problem for me otherwise I might go off on a tangent 🙂

@audioguy_net Let me know how it goes 🙂

JW, when I open spotify app on my android phone (LG Optimus L9) while I'm on the 4G network, I get an error message that reads No Internet Connection. This only happens on the 4G network. Everything works fine when I'm on wifi.  Hope that helps.

Do other apps which use data, such as the browser work? Offline mode is turned off in the spotify settings? Are you using roaming?

@bryonb wrote:

JW, when I open spotify app on my android phone (LG Optimus L9) while I'm on the 4G network, I get an error message that reads No Internet Connection. This only happens on the 4G network. Everything works fine when I'm on wifi.  Hope that helps.

All my apps which uses an internet connection works fine. Offline mode is turned off and I'm not roaming.

Same problem. I described it on other thread : http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Music-stops-playing-randomly/m-p/487178

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

I've been going through the same problem for 3 months now with ny L9. I've been emailing back and fourth with spotify help for weeks and weeks. No one at spotify can figure it out. No one at my carrier or LG can figure it out. Spotify gave up, the last 2 emails i received said"Thank you i've forwarded that info to my senior team" and that was 3 weeks ago. I'm fairly confident that they have given up. I still have no spotify except on WiFi wich is useless. As far as i can see from my experience and what I've seen online, those of us with L9 androids are just screwed... hopefully spotify can change my mind but i highly doubt it at this point......

Suggested posts