No More Landscape Mode?

Skelletor89

Plan

Premium

Device: Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Ever since the last update, I can no longer go into landscape mode while on the "now playing" screen. Everything was working fine until the update.

Example: I use to be able to have my phone sideways on my desk while listening. The album art and all of the normal "now playing" UI was in landscape mode. Now, after the update, it still stays in portrait mode. Everything else shifts like normal; just not the "now playing" screen.

31 Replies

Re: No More Landscape Mode?

Rezal2020

Yeah, this was working fine for me until I did a factory reset of my phone last week, and now I'm getting the same problem.

I can see that this has been an issue since August. Is there still no official update on why this has happened, or when it will be fixed?

z3german
Regular

Can't wait for this to be fixed... At least the update allowed us to disable canvas. But why take away landscape?! 

sapasss
Music Fan

z3german
Regular
Rollback would suck too. Forcing Canvas on users without option to turn it
off was also terrible. Just give us landscape back! Can't be that hard
:(....

sapasss
Music Fan

Hope they will fix it soon : Issue

sunsetmillion
Music Fan

It**bleep**.  I'm about to cancel my subscription and just go with Amazon music.  There's landscape and lyrics.  There's nothing more annoying than driving and Spotify is sideways. 

lindenii

This is very frustrating for me (and, if I'm honest, dangerous) because the only way I can dock my phone in my car is in landscape... And now I can't easily control the songs since it's hard to quickly read them given that Now Playing is always in portrait. Really bugs the f outta me.

sapasss
Music Fan
Thx for the info, I'll try Amazon music.

sapasss
Music Fan

OK guys, today we got the answer : Spotify presented their new gadget, the Car Thing, a hardware product designed to use Spotify in a car! So in fact they did want to break the landscape function so they can sell their duking hardware for stupid customers. Hmmm... Ok bye Spotify, as said by another user, I tried Amazon music and guess what? It has a Perfect landscape mode. 

SUGGESTED POSTS