No More Landscape Mode?

Re: No More Landscape Mode?

janmchan

I've also been frustrated by this. The last version with this was 8.4.96.953 if you want to install the APK. I turned off auto update so it won't overwrite it.

andud

Can't tell you how annoying all this is. I use spotify in my car everyday when commuting and the phone sits horizontally on my dashboard. I tried car mode a few times but I can't use it, instead of tapping to go to next song, I always seem to tap on the song timeline and skip ahead a few minutes. The swipe action in normal view was far more easy to do while driving.  Instead of freeing me with it's simpler interface, car mode is requiring me to pay more attention to the phone screen to make sure my finger properly touches the next button. And also I can't figure out how to navigate to other playlists or search for music from car mode. I disabled it and never going back. So now I have to make sure not to go into 'now playing' at all, just leave spotify in any other screen that supports landscape mode and when I need to go to the next song I just swipe on the little bar at the bottom where the song title is. I don't understand why we can't have landscape mode in now playing screen. It just baffles me.

sotos2004
Casual Listener

Same issue here , no more landscape witch makes Spotify useless for my tablet . 

Spotify keeps getting worse , diary the like/ dislike button , no more a button to add a song on my "like from Radio " playlist easily . Now no more landscape . With every update it keeps getting slower to start as an app and loading time on start and on library keeps getting worse . Well I think it's time to look for an alternative !!!!

sunsetmillion
Music Fan

So, if you incorporate Waze into your Spotify, you'll get landscape, but a very small box.  Still sucks but it's some kind of landscape.

JiiPeee
Casual Listener

Still this same problem. Can it really take over half year to fix this landscape mode bug on "Now playing" screen?

Im not waiting any longer. Im cancelling my 5 user subscription. Spotify is useless in my car without properly working landscape mode.

Edit: Actually pictures landscape mode doesnt work on here community either... :DD

20190607_211521.jpg

sunsetmillion
Music Fan
If you download Waze and synch with Spotify, you'll get a small landscape.
Not the best but ok for driving.

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting about this here.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks have taken a look at this for you.

To find out more about this, make sure to head over to this thread.

Hope that helps 🙂

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Rammstone

No Peter, it doesn't help. "The right folks" were looking at it 3 months now and landscape has not come back so I have given up. It just completely baffles me how someone can make a decision to remove such a vital and basic feature and render the application useless for A LOT of people. Just astonishing

sunsetmillion
Music Fan
It**bleep**. There used to be landscape mode before, why the change? 3
months? Isn't it just a keystroke? wth? anyway, for now I have Waze
installed and I get a shitty little landscape which kinda helps.

JiiPeee
Casual Listener

Yeah, this is ridiculous. I cancel my subscription after this month. "Right people" have been looking after this for 3 months without a fix. Maybe you have wrong people there then if this kind of fix needs months of development.

SUGGESTED POSTS