Premium

Country

Nicaragua

Device

Samsung Galaxy A50

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue:

when sharing in Messenger, there was always a little thumbnail of the song that allowed you to play a preview of the song but since like 3 days ago, it's not showing anymore, for any song, I'd like to know if it has to do with the app since sharing by Messenger doesn't work either or if it's something I can fix by another way

11 Replies

Hey @harley_,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

The folks at our tech team are currently looking into this, so make sure to vote for the Ongoing Issue here if you haven't already. You can also follow the steps provided under Status Update.    

It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this. We'll be sure to keep you updated with any news on the matter there.

Hope this is helpful and don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've had this problem since Jan 15, 2022, using Google Messages on a Pixel 6 with Android 12 + Jan 5, 2022 Android security update. Today my son shared a Spotify song with me and there are no thumbnails on both sides. My YouTube shares during this time period contain thumbnails, as expected.

Hey @Stjore,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

We understand that thumbnails are not being displayed, when you share or receive a song via Google Messages. As you mention a specific date, can you share if this occurred after a particular update of Spotify or your Google Messages app?  

It's worthwhile to perform a clean reinstall of the Spotify app, as this is more thorough than the normal one and ensures that no cached data will cause interference with the new installation of your app. If there are pending updates for your device's OS or Google Messages app, we also encourage you to run those to see if this will make difference.

If the above doesn't help, please send us screenshots of how the issues appears on your end, as well as the exact version number of the Spotify app you have installed, so we can take a closer look and advise you better.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I can also attest to no thumbnail picture when Spotify links are sent via SMS in Google Messages. I noticed this stopped happening a few months ago after working fine for a few years. I just got the new Samsung S22 Ultra with Google Messenger as the default SMS app. Spotify was a clean install on my new phone, so I don't think that is the issue. I would like to have the thumbnail previews back if that's possible.

Hey @JRomega

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind sending us a screenshot of how it appears on your end so we can take a closer look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.​​​​​​

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I'm having the same issue. Started with my Google Pixel 6 and I thought it was just my Pixel phone. Just purchased a Samsung S22 Ultra and it's happening here too. Had my friend try it on their S20+ and same results.

Spotify please fix!

SmartSelect_20220224-225826_Messages.jpg

SmartSelect_20220224-225826_Messages.jpg

I am getting the same result as the screenshots above. It's just a link with no thumbnail view like it used to be.

Hi folks! 

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

We can confirm that the preview of the track has been removed quite some time ago due to changes in the backend and this should apply for all popular messaging platforms.

As of now it's not possible to bring this option back, but we might reevaluate it in the future.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

🤣You killed such a massive feature :🤷‍♂️ It's not only the thumbnail.... i can't even see the artist and title. now i share these songs from youtube... 

Please bring back this feature. I can send with all other music platforms. And Apple Users still get the thumbnail. This can’t be the solution to such a popular feature

Suggested posts