Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No SD storage option

Solved!

No SD storage option

Hi,

I have a SD card, set as external memory with lots of Space empty, but there is not the storage option in the app settings.

I tried to format the SD card, to close the app, to reinstall it etc, but it still doesn't work.

I don't have enough space left in the internal memory to download my songs, so I'm stuck now...

If someone know the solution it'll be great.
Thank you
34 Replies

stardand SD was the issue...thanks a lot for your help!! So sad Spotify doesn´t have own service support... anyways, thanks, i´ve got the solution!

You're a God. You saved my life. Thank you very much. People like you should be immortal! Capo

I have followed all the options in this thread as well as from other (e.g. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/No-option-for-SD-card-storage-even-though-SD-card-is-mounte...) but nothing is working for me. Spotify doesn't read my SD card nor give me the option to select it as the default storage. This is so frustrating. I tried everything, move the folders/subfolders from my internal storage to the SD card, set the download quality to extreme but when I download, it recreates the default folders to the internal storage. I tried to format the SD card, made sure the permission is given to Spotify to read the storage, etc. In short, I followed all the various solutions offered but no one of them worked for me.

I'm at the point where I consider stopping my Spotify subscription and use another service.

If there is a kind soul willing to help me, I would truly appreciate it. 

Some info about my phone:

sony xperia xa1 ultra

Model Number: G3223

Android Version: 7.0

Attachments: I'm attaching 2 pics showing the storage (Internal + SD) and the missing Storage option from Spotify.

Thanks,

Nico

Screenshot_20171015-114109[1].png
Screenshot_20171015-114144[1].png

That's a really ancient version of spotify. Did it come ppreinstalled on your phone? If so, you can't uninstall it but you can disable it in "applications". Once you've done that, download the current version from Play and see if that helps.

Thanks for your response! Yes, it came pre-installed on my phone. I can disable it but can't uninstall it. I already tried to disable it and when I go to the Google Play, it gives me the option to "enable" Spotify" and not download it. Because it must find that it's already installed on the Android...

Ugh. Try grabbing the .apk here and install that instead.

Thanks for the file. I've installed it and an update was necessary after the installation. Now it looks like being the last version of spotify but the problem is the same... 

Screenshot_20171015-161129.png

Try clearing the cache and saved data. If that doesn't help, you should get in touch with Sony support and ask when they plan to update spotify.

No, it didn't work...Thanks for your last suggestion and time. I'll try contacting Sony...

and that is the answer from Sony: "Sony Mobile does not do any development on the spotify app. It may be pre-installed on your handset but it is still managed and developed by the spotify team. I am afraid we cannot update the app for you, only the spotify developers can."

What am I supposed to do? I cannot save the playlist on the SD card because nobody can fix that issue? 

If anyone finds a solution, please don't hesitate to share it...

The only way I know that issues with preinstalled apps can be fixed isto root the phone. Maybe get in touch with spotify here and see what they suggest.

Thanks Joe. I appreciate your help!

You're welcome and good luck 🙂

Just to close the loop, I've chatted 2 hours with an agent from the Sony Support team and he helped me to complete a Sony Xperia software repair through my PC using the Xperia Companion application. After a full repair, the storage option finally got displayed in the Spotify app. I hope this will help anyone who encounters the same issue as me...

And thanks to everyone who tried helping me.

Wow, that was a long and windy road. I'm really glad you got it working and thanks for the update 🙂

Suggested posts