Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No Sound on HTC Desire S

No Sound on HTC Desire S

Hi, 

I recently subscribed for Spotify Premium, i checked if my phone was able to support Spotify etc. 

Now i tried everything, reinstalling the mobile app, checking if my sound preferences were oke (nothing is on mute), i downloaded a playlist to my phone to check if it was a connection problem, used it on my Wifi, but still when i want to play a song on my mobile with spotify i get no sound at all. the song is playing but no sound at all. 

Can someone please explain to me what is wrong...

Thanks!

11 Replies

Tried setting the device to mute and then unmute it? Checked the quality settings from Spotify menus? There has been few incidents that I have seen here in the Community with a problem of no sound. I think few found solutions to the problems also.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Hello, 

I also own a desire s and the problem you are describing is the same as mine, when i play spotify on my phone i get no sound. I've tried other applications like my radio and my own music and they work perfectly.

The problem seems to be somewhere in spotify and i can't seem to figure out how to get it back to working again.

What can i do?? I'm paying for spotify and i would really like to be able to use it.

What is the OS version on the device? You could try the old version of Spotify to see if it works.

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

The version of Android is 2.3.5, where can i download older versions of spotify?

Hey there!

A old app is here, https://rapidshare.com/files/2999426550/SpotifyAndroid.apk

However I do not know if it is too old for you from those unredesigned apps.

Cheers.

I'v been collecting the versions of the Spotify Android client. Here is the list and some information about them.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/REQUEST-Previous-version-of-the-client-APK/m-p/79997#...

I myself like the 0.4.12.180 version as the best one out of the oldies.
You can get it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uv6id0gqad8ypr7/SpotifyAndroid.apk

All packages have been tested and used by myself.

thank you, i got sound again, i'm using 0.4.12.180 now

Now when you have a working older version, you could try to upgrade it to the current version through the Play Store and see if stuff work after that.

You can always downgrade back to the old version.

I've tried upgrading it, and the same problem came back, it seems the newest version isn't compatible with my version of android or with my phone.

I will keep using the version before the current version now, thanks for your help!

No problem, too bad the new version didn't work. Hopefully when the next new version arrives, stuff work better.

I had sound fine previously but got this problem of no sound from Spotify on my HTC Desire S after doing an update to the new version. Sound is now back after installing an old version. note: the thinks I'm synched to more than one device which may be causing the problem.

Suggested posts