No internet connection available

Solved!
Highlighted

No internet connection available

user-removed
Not applicable
I am running spotify premium on ICS (Galaxy Siii). I have an error message at the bottom of the screen saying, "no internet connection available." however, I am connected to the internet. I receive the same error over Wifi and 4g.

I already tried yed restarting the app and restarting the phone.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: No internet connection available

-JK-
Regular

Hi!

I had a long email conversation with Spotify's support team. Thanks to them for that! They gave me lots of advices how I could get the Spotify working.

After I had tried almost everything possible I decided to turn to network provider for help. I visited their store today and in like five minutes I had working Spotify.

The problem what was cause to Spotify not to work correctly was that in my phone's Internet setup I was using WAP-connection. I didn't know that because everything else than Spotify was working correctly. In the store they installed me the setups for mobile Internet- connection and Spotify started working instantly. 

You can check this from your Android-phone by following the next steps.

Go to:

Settings->

Wireless and networks (More...) ->

Wireless and networks

Mobile networks ->

Mobile networks

Acces Point Names ->

Access Point Names.

And you get to this page

Access Point Names

Hopefully this would help somebody!

Solution!

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

If you're having troubles playing music on the app, we'd recommend checking this support site article. There you can find more connection related troubleshooting steps.

If you're seeing an error message when trying to download songs for offline use, we'd recommend taking a look at this support site article instead.

If that doesn't do the trick and you're still having troubles, make sure to start a new thread in the related Help Board with all necessary details and we'll be happy to lend a hand.

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
247 Replies

user-removed
Not applicable

Lately this has been on my HTC Desire HD as well, Spotify claims theres no internet connection but all other applications that need web work normally. Im not sure what has happened as it worked long time normally but this error has just risen up somehow.

Retrosatan

Same on my Arc S, force stopping spotify and then rebooting the phone seems to cure it, but still quite far from ideal

GaneshaXi

Same problem on my HTC Desire Z (TMobile G2) running Gingerbread with the latest update. No amount of rebooting fixes the problem, it stays offline, both on 3G and on WiFi. Very frustrating.

user-removed
Not applicable
An uninstall and reinstall of spotify solved the issue.

user-removed
Not applicable

Ok, have to try again if theres some program messing around settings.

Hope I get it working.

user-removed
Not applicable

Ok, did the uninstalling and reinstalled Spotify.

Now it works great!

Hope you too get the application to work!

user-removed
Not applicable
Unfortunately I just discovered that only temporarily solved the problem. The app is doing it again...

smalltastic
Regular

There is an issue when you add a new folder with playlists after a full sync. I have done this twice and both times I get hte internet connection issue and then can't seem to stream or download additiona music. Also, the new folder and playlists don't show up on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Verizon).

user-removed
Not applicable
So how do you fix it?
SUGGESTED POSTS