Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No internet connection available

Solved!

No internet connection available

I am running spotify premium on ICS (Galaxy Siii). I have an error message at the bottom of the screen saying, "no internet connection available." however, I am connected to the internet. I receive the same error over Wifi and 4g.

I already tried yed restarting the app and restarting the phone.
248 Replies

Got the "No internet conection aviable" again - and I believe I know what triggered it. 

Since my last solution, Spotify has been working flawless. But today, I added a few playlists through the PC app, while the phone and computer was connected to the same wifi. (Spotify was also running in the phones memory since i've used it befor sitting down with the computer)

At the same time I did this, the "no internet connection aviable" text apered in the Mobile app. 

My folder structure (and where I placed the new playlist folders)

+Folders

++Artist name

+++Album name

I have folders within folders, maby this structure contains some bugs?

Hi. I tried all previous tricks without success. I then decided that problem is somewhere else - meening Wifi. We have two wlans working at home, a host and a "slave". All computers etc. are using a host Wlan/modem except my laptop (Acer) which is using an older one (works better, not good but better 🙂 ). I checked my phone (Galaxy S ll) and it was using tihs "slave" wlan too. I changed it to use host Wlan and now everything looks to be fine again!

So probably problem is in your WiFi settings, not in application or phone.

I have the same problem on an Experia Active with ICS.
Occasionally IT works, butiker most of the time it doesn't.
So it seems very likely its a bug in spotify-app, or with ICS compatibility.
I really hope they fix it soon, cause it really limits usability.
It's clear something is up with the app, cause it somehow refreshes the days till I have to Connect, if I activate the offline setting, so somehow it does connect.

Thanks!  That worked for my Galaxy S3.

I logged out of Spotify itself via the logout link at the bottom of the settings page.

When I logged back in, everything worked again.

I tried the following first and it didn't work.

- Didn't work to shut things down and/or clear data via the Applications Manager

In my case I had similar symptoms. "No internet connection available" as well as login problems with both the Spotify account and the facebook account (both Spotify Premium). The culprit was a missing APN for "internet". Somehow all the other applications were working fine. I guess they were using the WAP APN. This all started when I updated the Sony Xperia Pro to the latest firmware and many things got messed up. You can check the APN settings from Settings / Mobile Networks / Access Point Names. 

Hi All

I am currently in an e-mail conversation with a Spotify support member.

I have only had issues since earlier this when the app got updated. I have been a Spotify user for a few years now, and also a Premium user for over a year.

In that time I used the app on my HTC Desire HD, I have used it on the stock ROM and on countless custom ROMs from Gingerbread to ICS and never had any problems, only when they changed how it all works did the problems start. I currently have Spotify on my Desire HD, which I recently had replaced so is now unrooted and on a stock 2.3.5 ROM and still having issues. I also have a Nexus 7 tablet which is having the same issues and had it both on the stock ROM and I recently rooted and put a custom ROM on it. I see no other explanation apart from it being the app, nothing to do with your ROM or device, or at least it seems so in my case seeing as it worked flawlessly over many ROMs on my phone before the update earlier this year.

Please Spotify, listen to us all and either get it fixed or revert back to the old version (which worked well, and was much more user friendly), while you are testing this new version and just say "oops, sorry, please bear with us" and maybe pick out a selection of users to test the 'new' solution before releasing it, it is obviously flawed in a big way.

Cheers

Dan

Hello,

First time here as I encountered the same problems with my brand new Galaxy SII with the ICS. This propably wont help anyone but when I got home I noticed that I got connection via wifi and then remembered that my operator sent me earlier new apn-settings and I blindly installed them. After I reverted my apn-settings I had spotify working again. Don't know why my other applications using 3g where working, though a bit sluggishly.

I've had this problem for a long time. I just solved it by clearing the app data via Settings > Applications > Manage Aplications > Spotify, then logging out of spotify, and then re-signing in. Unfortunately I don't know which, if all, of those steps was necessary, but it seems to be working now. We'll see if it contitnues to work.

The fella from Spotify I have been e-mailing has been very good and keen to help but I've got to keep deleting this and that folder on the device(s), uninstalling, Spotify, re-installing Spotify, adding folders/playlists and copying music into them from the laptop.....

I've had enough, I've downloaded The Android app V 0.4.12.180, version before facelift, and installed it on my phone (Android 2.3.5) and hey presto I have no issues any more. I just have to remember not to update it.

I have also just installed 0.4.12.180 on the Nexus 7 (Android 4.1.2) and it seems alright so far too, is seeing my playlists and letting me download tracks, and as a bonus it can tell if the Wifi on the tablet is turned on or not. Fantastic

There is a post somewhere on this forum where a user has listed the different version of the app and a link to download them, I am sorry, I cannot remember who it was but MASSIVE thanks to you, you have fixed my problems.

PLEASE SPOTIFY listen to your customers, this app does not work. Scrutinise your change log and find the problems.

My advice to you guys is to install the old version, I wouldn't worry about it being 'not supported' it's not like we are getting much support for this current one.

The 0.4.12.180 is the best old version of the app I have found. I was using it a long time until I gave up on the landscape feature and solved it with the 3rd party app. If installing the older app solves the playlist problem, then it is a bug in the new software design. If the playlists have odd characters in the name, that could be an issue as such. Renaming playlists / folders and checking them out might do something. If the spotify cache is mixed up, it could show variety of different problems.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Hello !

I had the same problem a few times on my Samsung Galaxy II (and it still happens).

When I get this error I log off Spotify, use the "Advanced Task Killer"-app, and then start Spotify again.

Works everytime for me!

Just to update you guys, I am still using 0.4.12.180 on my unrooted phone (Android 2.3.5) and my rooted Tablet (Android 4.1.2) and completley issue free. Been using it in the car and in the garage and around the house with and without connection playing online content and downloaded playlists and it's working like it should be.

Again, using the old app has cured all problems I had.

tried to log out and now it won't let me access the app that I am paying for!!!!! (keeps crashing immediately after log in)

For me it does help to restart the app (making sure it's properly killed first), but I do have to do that.

I've experimented a bit with manual and automatic network toggling, and the problem seems boil down to simply this:

• Spotify is unable to discover that my battery saver has turned the network back on.
  • If I turn the net off and on manually, spotify gets it. 
  • I have not verified how it reacts to simply losing coverage.

It may be tempting to blame the battery saver for not behaving properly, but since no other apps have this problem, I believe spotify is simply using the wrong hooks.

I've been a premium user for more than two years and have the android mobile app on my Galaxy SII. I must say that the app makes me want to punch someone in the face or throw the phone against the wall, whenever I try to play my music on the go when going to the store or walking down the street.

It just DOES NOT work properly. The message "no internet connection available" will come up 99% of the time (even though I have mobile internet), but that's not the real issue... the real issue is that this FREEZES the whole app and does not render any of the menus, so I'm not even able to play my downloaded playlists.

I have to go to system settings, apps, spotify, clear data, force stop, and then reopen spotify and PRAY that it will work long enough for me to click play on one random playlist. 

This has been happening for months and no official statement or patch from Spotify.

I'm sorry guys what a shame of mobile app. 😕

Samsung Galaxy S

0% Download

I've had the same issue for a few weeks now and searched for solutions with no avail. 

The app has been uninstalled, reinstalled, updated but nothing seems to fix the message.

The download is stuck at 0%, while in offline mode.

When turning offline mode off (online), it tells me "no internet connection is available".

Renew License

When I am in offline mode, a message appears that

"your license to listen offline has now expired, please go online to renew it." 

I have NO idea what that means.

I have automatic payment and I cannot find any reference to any "license" in my account information.

No Help

Yesterday I sent a help message to Spotify, only receiving an automated email with links to the Help section and the Community. Spotify has a great library and ability to create playlists, but terrible customer service and I am fed up with this unintuitive app.

Right now I am looking into Rdio and canceling my premium account. 

This solved my Internet connection problem on my Sony Xperia (probably this will solve on other models too)!

Settings -> More... -> Mobile networks -> Access Point Names -> Make sure that you are using Internet access point, not WAP nor MMS. If there is no Internet access point, you can find settings from web pages of your operator.

I was accidentally using WAP gateway before and other web apps worked fine, but Spotify didn't get Internet connection when using mobile data.

emarbo solution worked for me.  Let's see if it lasts!

Doing the force stop and clear data on my Nexus 7 not only cleared the problen on that device but somehow it cleared the problem on my Evo without touching that device.

I was getting the same error. It appears to have been caused by logging in with my Facebook credentials, then changing my Facebook password. Logging out and logging back in again solved the problem (at least for the last 24 hours).

Suggested posts