Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No internet connection available

Solved!

No internet connection available

I am running spotify premium on ICS (Galaxy Siii). I have an error message at the bottom of the screen saying, "no internet connection available." however, I am connected to the internet. I receive the same error over Wifi and 4g.

I already tried yed restarting the app and restarting the phone.
248 Replies

@Richard wrote:

I don't have an update for you guys on this issue yet, but I'll keep doing what I can to get an update on the situation asap.

Do you have any updates on the litany of other issues that andoid using premium subscribers have been asking about for ages? Thanks.

@jtourettes wrote:

Do you have any updates on the litany of other issues that andoid using premium subscribers have been asking about for ages? Thanks.

We'll post any such updates in the relevant threads as and when we have them. Thanks.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

How are you logged in to Spotify?

I did get this error when i logged in with my normal spotify account but when i choosed login with facebook i dont get the problem (Im sorry havent read the full 13 pages if you all ready been through this).

I've got a 6 hour drive when I finish work this evening.

• Bluetooth car stereo? Check
  • Android phone with car charger? Check
  • Unlimited data plan? Check
  • Spotify app? Che... oh, it won't let me log in 😞

This is stupid, I've been a premium subscriber since September 2009 continuously (under 2 different usernames), and as a professional software developer I find it hard to believe this would take several months to diagnose and fix, judging from the number of people experiencing the problem. Please sort it out!

@Deceptor wrote:

How are you logged in to Spotify?

I did get this error when i logged in with my normal spotify account but when i choosed login with facebook i dont get the problem (Im sorry havent read the full 13 pages if you all ready been through this).

I login with spotify credentials, not Facebook. I simply don't want to use Facebook to login to Spotify and want to keep the two entities seperate.

I experience similar issue, not exactly the same but i think it might be related.

My spotify app generally works fine, I can log in, search for songs, play them just fine but if i go through "options" and there choose "radio" it loads the page and after about 2-5 seconds or if i tap on any of the preexisting stations a message saying "radio is not available offline" appears along with "no internet connection available" on the bottom ( obviously connection is available).

Sometimes this causes the app to shut down. A weird thing is that if i create a station based on a song that's already playing then it works perfectly.

I'm using Nexus 7 with unmodified Android 4.2.2 (no root). Polish language version of Spotify if it makes any difference. Logged in with Spotify account.

I've had similar problems in the past with some other apps. Was getting the same message, which annoyed me greatly. Turns out it was caused by an app called "Adblock Plus" which I uninstalled and have never seen that message again until I started using Spotify. Maybe this will help someone.

This is happening right now for me. I'm using a Samsung Transform Ultra Android. The song cuts off 10 seconds before it actually ends and "No internet connection available" is in the bottom. The strange thing is that I can play the last song of a playlist/ album and not have it cut off on me.

It's happening to me right now on 4.2.2 Jellybean Nexus 7. The thing is, I have just synced over 2000 songs, my internet dropped out (i'm in an internet cafe, paying for it) and then logged back in, everything works fine network wise, apart from Spotify. It's doing exactly the same thing everyone else has explained on this thread.

Extremely annoying, considering I don't have regular internet access at the mo and I'm paying for Spotify. It loops from No connection, to downloading songs.. over and over again.

For LESS money, Rhapsody offers the same features Spotify does and they have way more songs. Im OVER this problem!

Same problem now happening for me.

Is there any update on this? Only started happening after I upodated to the new version which introduced Polish and Italina versions. Previous version was working perfectly.

I had the same problem - only thing that solved it for me was logging in using my Facebook account rather than Spotify account. I think it's a deliberate ploy to make you use your Facebook account - I'm getting pretty sick of the whole Facebook $$$ machine and I'm considering leaving both Facebook and Spotify (especially because I'm actually PAYING for the Spotify service - what has it got to do with Facebook?). This kind of stuff just helps convince me.

hifispotify - I'm glad to hear you're able to login now!

Just to add though, that it shouldn't make a difference whether you login using your Spotify or Facebook details (and no, I'm not being paid to say that as part of some corporate conspiracy etc etc). And you're free to create an account without Facebook if you'd like.

We have however seen cases where a simple password reset (Spotify or Facebook) helps out with this issue. So I'd recommend giving that a go if you haven't already. Otherwise, we'll continue looking into this.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Just another user hit by this. I have a Nexus S, fully updated. This issue has been around since I first installed Spotify on the device several weeks ago. and continues despite the recent update, it's still a problem. Spotify works find if I disable WLAN and let it run off the mobile network, but as soon as it's supposed to use the WLAN it has problems. If one waits several minutes, sometimes it briefly finds the Internet connection again, sometimes seemingly not.

If this isn't being taken seriously, it should be. This is a killer issue. I'll wait another week or two for an update; after that I'll cancel my premium subscription and go with a different service.

Did you try change your password "fix"?

"We have however seen cases where a simple password reset (Spotify or Facebook) helps out with this issue. So I'd recommend giving that a go if you haven't already. Otherwise, we'll continue looking into this."

This is the kind of advice my IT department gives. The only difference is that I DONT pay them.

I feel Spotify is a bit like growing old. We have to accept that our body slowly starts to dysfunction and we need to learn to live with these discomforts until the end. Ashes to ashes. Dust to Dust. Or compare it to Starbucks - from being cool and funky to yet another multinational who forgets its roots.

It is ridiculous to advise a password reset if the problem has been going on for more months. Please fix ASAP or I will be happy move my money elsewhere.

I have the same problem on my galaxy SII, I've tried reinstalling te app several times without any luck, any suggestions of how I can get rid off the problem?

I cannot play a full song on my Galaxy S2 before it stops and I get the 'No internet connection' error.

Have deleted and reinstalled numerous times, even fully reset the phone. Nothing works. Unless it's sorted soon I'll need to leave Spotify.

Now it just logs me out as soon as the song stops playing (always 60-75% through a song). This has been going on for over a week now.

I'm getting really annoyed now and it would the respectable thing to do if Spotify answers this question and resolves the issue.

Im paying for a premium subscription without being able to use the premium features. As others have commented, I give it 7 days before I take my money to Deezer.

"Listen to your music everywhere". Not yet a reality, is it?

I just got the "no internet connection" BS again this weekend. The app does this when I'm playing a playlist. I can work my way around this by playing each song separately.

Suggested posts