Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lyrics feature missing on the desktop app and the web player.

Hey there,

We've received reports of users unable to find the button to activate the Lyrics feature on the web player and the desktop app.

If you experience this issue, let us know by voting on this thread. This helps us out a lot.

Thanks!

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

If you're still having trouble, you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Have a good one!

Comments
-thoxlaho_a7a

Plan

Premium

Country

Israel

Device

Samaung Galaxy S7, Windows 10 - web player

My Question or Issue

Hi,

Before I subscribed to the premium plan my account was registered in another country and I had the option to see songs lyrics (not sure about the app, but for sure in the web player).

When I subscribed to premium, I had to update my country, and since then I no longer have the button to view lyrics in the web player nor app.

I checked songs that are very popular or that I remembered I could see their lyrics with Spotify before.

How can I fix that?

Jeremy

Hey there @-thoxlaho_a7a,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you reopen the app two times to see if the feature gets activated?

It would also be great if you can let us know which version of the app you have?

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

-thoxlaho_a7a

Hi @Jeremy

I'm am using 8.5.89.901

Now I could find a single song that shows lyrics (while before I had much more lyrics "coverage").

The same song that shows lyrics on the app doesn't show it on the web player.

Jeremy

Hey again @-thoxlaho_a7a,

Thank you for getting back in touch.

Can you confirm if you're using any VPN since lyrics not yet an available feature in Israel? We are always looking for new ways to improve the product experience and often have different features available across markets due to various factors.

Also - this feature is not yet available on the web player.

Take care!

-thoxlaho_a7a

I don't use VPN, although as I mention before, my account was registered in another country and I got the lyrics in the web player.

Now without VPN I still got lyrics for 1 song.

Very disappointing that after upgrading to Premium (which made me to update my country) I get less features than the free membership. 

Jeremy

Hey again @-thoxlaho_a7a,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

We're constantly aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future. 

Once again  - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

Hoi.

I get no lyrics showing on my desktop spotify. Works well on my android phone and laptop.  How do I enable it? I dont have the microphone icon

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Alex

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Lyrics are not available for every song, so that's why you might not be seeing the Mic icon on every track.

Can you try opening this one: here to check if Lyrics appear for it?

Keep us posted.

Songs that have lyrics on wy phone does not on desktop app... None of them
do
Alex

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you make sure that your Desktop app is not in Offline Mode and try playing the song from my previous post? This is a necessary first step.

If Lyrics still don't appear, I'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app, following this Guide. In there you'll find the steps to clearing all Spotify data and installing the latest app version. This might seem simple and it's often overlooked, but fixes these kinds of issues in most cases.

Keep us posted on how you get on.