Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No matter what I do, my playlists WON'T DOWNLOAD!

Solved!

No matter what I do, my playlists WON'T DOWNLOAD!

Hi! I have this annoying problem with my Spotify. It wont let me download my playlists? I have reinstalled it several times, cancel the download again and again, tried the beta version, removed other playlists that might have effected it, removed songs, removed memory from the phone, tried friends networks, banging the phone to the ground, screaming at it and it still doesn't work. I feel really ripped of because I'm not getting what I'm suppose to from the app. And i know that there is something wrong with the app becuase it doesn't work no matter what I do. What should I do to FIX THIS?! Spotify sucks chimp d*ck right know.

And please Spotify staff, please don't act surprised with these kind of problems. I'm not the only one.

155 Replies

Seriously, fix this **uh-oh**ty a** problem. I'm getting really pissed off

I seem to be having the same issue.  Upgraded to Premium today, downloaded & installed Spotify from Google Play Store on my Android phone (HTC EVO), launched the app, logged in and saw my playlists sync.  However, when I click on any playlist and then click the green "Download Playlist" button, one of two things happens: (1) the download button disappears and is replaced with a "Downloading 0%" progress bar that never progresses, or (2) the download button simply disappears.  In the first case when I hit the Menu button, I get a Cancel Download option.  In the latter case when I hit the Menu button, I get an Undownload option.  My wi-fi connection seems solid enough for everything else on my phone (and computer) to work, and I've enabled the "Download over 2G/3G" option in the Spotify settings just in case.  Like the others, when I go to my subscription page, it displays: "You have an active Spotify Premium subscription. Your subscription will automatically renew and you will be charged $9.99 on 2012-08-22 unless you cancel your recurring payment."  Have I missed a step somewhere?

Hi everyone - We definitely still recommend doing a clean reinstall as a first port of call. Please be sure you're on that latest release once that's complete (0.5.1.15):

1. In your phone, go to "Settings" » "Applications"» "Manage applications"
2. Choose Spotify
3. Press 'Clear Data' to erase the cache
4. Press Uninstall to remove the app
5. Restart your phone
6. Install Spotify once again through Google Play, or by visiting m.spotify.com in your device's web browser

If the problem persists, it's worth putting your SD card in a PC/ MAC, searching for all ‘Spotify’ files and deleting them after you've uninstalled the app. 

Did you first go to  you PC or MAC version and make your list "avaialable offline" by clicking the tab at the top right of the user interface? I too was having this issue until i clicked this setting, then my computer synced with the list. Soon after I attempted to download my playlist again and it finally started working. I also switched to a WI FI network on my phone  instead of my regular internet data service... This may also be a cause... hope this helps! 

So you suggest people buy a card reader just to get this **uh-oh** working ?

your suggestion is for people to use a computer to clear up an issue with a mobile app. my computer doesn't work, nor do any of the suggestions from moderators so far. what now? i'll answer that: i cancel my subscription. sorry -- love the service, but its not a good mobile app if it can't function entirely through MOBILE. i'd be ready to pay the $10 for premium right now if the service could be contained through the mobile app, meaning all functions work, but that's not the case. until there is a fix, i'm forced to cancel.

That didn't work for me.  It's getting pretty tiresome to see the same kind of list of instructions to try.  

To Spotify employees:

• What are the alternatives if your instructions don't work?  (i.e. what is plan B)  
  • Are you rolling into your docs  the feedback from others who have managed to get download working?   How are you getting debug info back to base?
  • State which phone and OS versions you have tested the fixes on that you are expecting your users to try

Now i'm really pissed of. I've tried everything you can possibly say. AND WE ALL HAVE THE NEW VERSION FOR CHIRST SAKE. You guys at spotify takes our money because you don't care about the people who have these kinds of problems. I've had premium since you released the new version and it hasn't worked since. You are good at taking money I give you that. I'm sorry, but your new version is really f***ing bad. Why did you make a new sh*tt*er version of an awesome app? 

Alright, a factory reset of my Galaxy S2 did the trick for me (Hint for mods: This doesn't automatically mean it'll work for everybody). It seems like that some of the background data of the old app wasn't cleaned off the system properly when it was updated, just my semi-educated guess. This screwup is a one-off thing in my book. Spotify gets a pass this one time and this one time only. If You guys cause me to lose Data plan allowance due to lazy programming on Your part, I'll turn to other options.
Marked as solution

I got it working! 2 factory resets and a clean SD card did the trick. The first time i did a factory reset it didn't work. The second time, i choose to erease all of my data on my SD card at the same time. That is what you have to do. If you want to keep everything, do a backup before. Ok,

1. Backup everything you want to keep.

2. Do a factory reset and erease/clean you SD card at the same time.

3. Download Spotify first thing when your phone is fully working again. Don't download any other apps while you are downloading your playlists just incase.

4. Download/sync all your playlists.

5. Put everything back again if you want your files which you made a backup of.

This worked for me, doesn't mean it will work for all of you. But it should! Sounds hard, but since it seems like Spotify wont release a fixing update this is what you have to do.

Peace!

I would ideally like to not have to do a complete swipe of my SD card just for this app to work. My problem lies in the fact that my local files won't stay downloaded. I switched from Premium to the Free service, where local files are still playable on your mobile device. However, only one playlist of mine stays synced, while any other one will sync the local files, and keep them on my phone for a couple of hours at the most, and then they disappear, as if I didn't just spend 10-15 minutes watching them sync to my device.

Hello Spotify team

I have the same problem as everyone else on this thread. No matter what I try my songs will not download. Meredith has tried to reset my devices and @SpotifyCares is also on the case. But the problem seems to be a severe bug in the 

My user name is sharsidd (or @sharcomments on Twitter) and you can also refer to case reference 00163291.

i am saddest because I have convinced so many people to move to Spotify and now they must be struggling with this too!! Please help. I would be happy to be use the old Spotify Mobile - which worked superbly...

I am a premium subscriber and as I have struggled for over a month with this I would like to request a refund of at least one months' subscriber fees, in addition to hep with fixing this problem.

Thanks

I agree. The suggestion is not working. Im cancelling until you will fix  this problem.

I was already cancelling due to the fact that you cannot sort by artist, or even shuffle, or even search for things within playlists, or even search for new playlists from the mobile app... but now, my playlists, my starred playlist, will not download. Pretty hilarious. The mobile app is a JOKE compared to the desktop version, or in fact compared to pretty much any music app. Seriously, what music app beside Spotify doesn't allow you to sort by artist at the very least? The only thing I like about Spotify mobile is the fact that songs play pretty much instantly when clicked on. Wow, that's all you got? Evidently.

sharsidd - How is this working for you now? I've just got a bit more maintenance on your account, please let us know how that works for you. 

arthurleonov - I've done the same to yours. Please do a quick clean reinstall and give that another try: http://www.spotify.com/help/faq/tech/clean-reinstallation-of-spotify/

Thom - Your issue is a bit more complicated. You've made a new account via your Facebook and upgraded that account instead. 

We can help sort this out. Keep an eye on your inbox for me. 

where's the help for the rest of us? i just canceled my premium subscription because this issue wasn't adequately resolved. i'd gladly go back to premium if someone gave this issue more attention than the standard suggestion of purging everything spotify from my phone (which i've done countless times). i'm seeking other music services when i'd rather spotify just work the way its advertised to.

I had the same problem with my playlists, and just tried these instructions. As of right now, it's working.

Having the same problem.  Did the clean uninstall and reinstall.  Nothing.  Anything else?

I tried downloading Spotify on my phone to see if it was a problem with my tablet.  No luck.  Now my playlists will not download on either device.  I just paid for a premium subscription because I can only use offline mode at work.  Help!

I did all of this and still no luck!

Suggested posts