Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No matter what I do, my playlists WON'T DOWNLOAD!

Solved!

No matter what I do, my playlists WON'T DOWNLOAD!

Hi! I have this annoying problem with my Spotify. It wont let me download my playlists? I have reinstalled it several times, cancel the download again and again, tried the beta version, removed other playlists that might have effected it, removed songs, removed memory from the phone, tried friends networks, banging the phone to the ground, screaming at it and it still doesn't work. I feel really ripped of because I'm not getting what I'm suppose to from the app. And i know that there is something wrong with the app becuase it doesn't work no matter what I do. What should I do to FIX THIS?! Spotify sucks chimp d*ck right know.

And please Spotify staff, please don't act surprised with these kind of problems. I'm not the only one.

155 Replies

Spotify team

This is starting to get ridiculous! Please at least have the decency to refund our membership amounts for the last 3 months - for those who have regularly been complaining about this without a working solution but are still faithfully standing by Spotify?

The complete lack of acknowledgement - let alone resolution - of this issue has led me to move my subscription over to Deezer.

It's such a shame, as I love spotify, but there's just no point paying for a premium subscription when the primary element of premium functionality just flat-out won't work.

Can I also add that the advertised 'Solution' in this particular thread - namely, doing a factory reset on your phone and wiping your entire SD card (!) - is completely shameful! What software provider could seriously expect customers to do this?

Hi guys i just did the reinstall thingy that the spotify mod said and it is now working again for me, i am using a Sony Xperia Tipo.

Hope you other people can manage this through aswelll 🙂

I have had this problem too - it started when I tried to download a number of playlists at the same time, I just ticked them for download. That worked for a large part but a few got stuck at ~80-90%. Since then was unable to (fully) download playlists.

Emptying the data directory & reinstalling Spotify did solve the problem for me - although with the annoying consequence of having to download all again. This clearly must be fixable for Spotify so I am looking forwards to a proper fix, not a Windows-95-style clunky fix. That said, I am happy it now works again!

Seriously, it's a big big big shame that this isn't fixed yet. I've been hanging in there for so long (month and month), paying so much money for something that IS NOT working. I've tried every "solution" you give. It still d o e s n o t w o r k !

And why isn't anyone of you from Spotify keeping us up to date in this thread? Are you still working on it? Seriously, you can **bleep**ing come up with a whole new program in a couple of month - but you can't fix this problem? Or do you even care? Maybe you can take a few angry customers - because you've gotten so big?

All I wonder is:

- do you still read this?

- are you still working on it?

- what do you suggest? If nothing of what you're suggesting works.

answers, pleaaaaaaaaaase

Seriously. Spotify has been refusing to download my playlists for since february. Reinstalling Spotify doesn´t work, and completely wiping my SD card and performing a factory reset on my phone in order to maybe fix the issue is just completely unacceptable. Hoping for a fix for this in the near future, don´t let me down Spotify!

alexandrra & Axxhøll - I believe you might both be having trouble because you've got two accounts. 

Your original on Premium and the new one linked to Facebook that's free. @Axxhøll that FB account was made in early March which matches when these issues began for you. 

Please follow the steps on this thread with your and 'alolexox' and  'eaxx' usernames respectively:  

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Please-read-Missing-playlists-Premi...

Thanks for at least answering,

but my problem IS NOT that my premium is lost or that my playlists disappear. Spotify won't download my playlists AT ALL on my phone. I've tried e v e r y "solution" you've given. Still DOES NOT WORK! I even tried the steps on the other thread you recommended, still didn't work.

The only new thing that started to pop up every now and then (since last week) when i start spotify is "syncing has stopped, there is no space left on this device". BUT - i do got space! Lots of it.

So, still:

- what are we supposed to do? seriously? what do you recommend when we've tried everything you've said and it still doesn't work? ANYTHING?

Hi Alexandra,

In lieu of a proper fix from Spotify: I also had the 'out of space' message which again stopped my downloading (it had worked for a bit after doing the various clearing out fixes). I thought this was really weird (still do), but I uninstalled a few programs and cleared out some rubbish on my phone (a Galaxy IIs), and suddenly it started downloading it again and for the last couple of weeks I have not had a problem. So that message might actually indicate some real problem - although I can't for the life of me believe that it has to do with space as I had loads of space free.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but if you have a few superfluous apps or some rubbish around it won't hurt getting rid of them to see what happens.

Good luck!

Thank you for the reply Mereditch, unfortunately it didnt fix the problem. I have plenty of space on my phones internal storage, and the SD card so, I mean, that shouldnt be the problem.

Same here..

Thanks for trying to help, but i've already tried that. Didn't work.

Still no answers from anyone at Spotify.

Getting ridiculous... or, it was ridiculous month ago. This is insane.

Still one question: What do you at Spotify recommend us to do if we've tried everything you're proposing?

BUMP

bump. Want to see some progress on this issue before upgrading...

Some of my playlists download no problem and others freeze between 40 and 66% Any ideas??

This is the exact error I am receiving as well.  I own 90% of the tracks in my playlist but when it says downloading it stays at 0%

It believe the problem is related to or the same as this problem:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Playlists-keep-disappearing-unsyncing/td-p/162992/pag...

Unfortunately, the Spotify team have chose to ignore it for months now.

I've had the same problem so after I did some tinkering, I found a solution that worked for me. 

On the spotify settings (on the mobile app), I logged out and then logged back into my account. My playlists then downloaded properly. 

i can't get my playlists to go to my kindle fire,they used to do so automatically uo to about a week ago. I still have my old ones on the device,but new ones will not show up. I have premium service,so I don't know what the problem is.

This might not work for everybody,

If you have a computer with spotify on the same network with the same user name, the smartphone app will try and download the playlists from your computer instead of the internet.

The solutions was to temporarily disable the firewall on the PC & make sure it say connected in the "devices" tab on the PC / Mac application.

Suggested posts