Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No matter what I do, my playlists WON'T DOWNLOAD!

Solved!

No matter what I do, my playlists WON'T DOWNLOAD!

Hi! I have this annoying problem with my Spotify. It wont let me download my playlists? I have reinstalled it several times, cancel the download again and again, tried the beta version, removed other playlists that might have effected it, removed songs, removed memory from the phone, tried friends networks, banging the phone to the ground, screaming at it and it still doesn't work. I feel really ripped of because I'm not getting what I'm suppose to from the app. And i know that there is something wrong with the app becuase it doesn't work no matter what I do. What should I do to FIX THIS?! Spotify sucks chimp d*ck right know.

And please Spotify staff, please don't act surprised with these kind of problems. I'm not the only one.

155 Replies

can someone please help me none of the solutions worked for me

Logging out and then logging back in worked for me. Playlists started downloading again right away.

Im just wondering if you guys have ANY coders or developers working for you, AT ALL? Or do you just outsource any work on the spotify code to North Korea? That is literally the only explanation I can think of that explains how theres been no progress on this bug for the last year. Thanks a lot Spotify 🙂

I take it back, its been OVER a year since I found myself unable to download any playlist past 82%. I love it, I absolutely love paying for a product thats broken and getting no help at all from the developer! 😄

So Ive been trying to find a phone number I can call to try to get someone to refund me a years worth of useless premium subscriptions, but I cant seem to find ANY contact information on this site. Am I just retarded or is it seriously impossible to get a hold of someone working at Spotify?

I cant get them to download either - it just hangs at 0%......always an issue.

There is no way I am doing all of that to fix this issue. I'd rather sack off Spotify completely!

I updated the settings tab to "download over 3G" and it immediately started working for me. Woohoo!!! 

I had the same problem for a while. After a while i realized that my phone was just at capacity. so before you get all frustrated with restarting and redownloading everything just try taking away a couple apps. if some sync then that means you're on the right track. Hope this helped everyone!

HenryK is right! Check the capacity on your iPhone. It cannot download if there is no space. I deleted a bunch of songs from my iTunes library on the phone and the download began immediately.

Nice...so in order to fix Spotify you have to hose everything else????  I am having the same problem and I am not willing to factory reset my phone and have to deal with reinstalling everything else. There must be another solution. C'mon Spotify, get with it!

Same problem on HTC Desire HD. Making the list available offline on my computer and disabling the firewall helped.

Yeah so I have about the same problem.

I've been using spotify on my phone for some time now and i've been able to download and listen to songs (local files), No premium..

Offline or online i've been able to listen to songs. But now for about 3 weeks or so i've added new songs to my playlists (also local files) and spotify wont download them to my phone....
What am I supposed to do?

Worked great. Thank You. About another ten minuets and I would have canceled my account.

I too have the same problem. I really want to change the default location from my SD card which is full to the phone itself which has about 6 GB of space. I have a brand new S4, a high speed broadband connection and I have been able to download onto my ipad -but not my phone.

@SamuelG wrote:

Hi! I have this annoying problem with my Spotify. It wont let me download my playlists? I have reinstalled it several times, cancel the download again and again, tried the beta version, removed other playlists that might have effected it, removed songs, removed memory from the phone, tried friends networks, banging the phone to the ground, screaming at it and it still doesn't work. I feel really ripped of because I'm not getting what I'm suppose to from the app. And i know that there is something wrong with the app becuase it doesn't work no matter what I do. What should I do to FIX THIS?! Spotify sucks chimp d*ck right know.

And please Spotify staff, please don't act surprised with these kind of problems. I'm not the only one.

Hey All!

2 easy fixes:

1) As others have said before, make sure your phone isn't at max capacity!  Delete other songs, etc.

2) Under settings make sure you've turned on the option "Download over 2G/3G".  This setting defaults to off, but it seems there's an error with the phone or the Spotify (or the way they work together) that causes confusion as to whether you're actually on 4G.  All I can say is that this is why I love computers--much more solid/clear programming than on phones.

--Hiro

Thanks, that cleared it up.  After uninstalling the application from my Samsung Galaxy S4, and then re-installing, I logged in, went to the playlist I wanted to download, and started the download.  The progress bar went to 2% immediately, which was where it had frozen before, then back to 0%, and started downloading tracks.  I'm guessing some sync issue on the server side resulted in the 2% progress bar on start.   But, it's working.  I hope this isn't a bug that will keep happening.  I'd hate to have to keep uninstalling and reinstalling the app every few weeks.

I used like 1 hour to get it done, but then I read your comment thanks alot man! ^^ You helped me alot. Have a good day 🙂

Same problem and solution for me, in my case on an LG Optimus G. It stopped downloading (I think after the last update), but worked again immediately when I uninstalled and reinstalled.

i am having this problem. i have unistalled and re installed and still will not download playlist. how do i fix this? I pay for the premium but the premium features dont worK

Suggested posts