Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No matter what I do, my playlists WON'T DOWNLOAD!

Solved!

No matter what I do, my playlists WON'T DOWNLOAD!

Hi! I have this annoying problem with my Spotify. It wont let me download my playlists? I have reinstalled it several times, cancel the download again and again, tried the beta version, removed other playlists that might have effected it, removed songs, removed memory from the phone, tried friends networks, banging the phone to the ground, screaming at it and it still doesn't work. I feel really ripped of because I'm not getting what I'm suppose to from the app. And i know that there is something wrong with the app becuase it doesn't work no matter what I do. What should I do to FIX THIS?! Spotify sucks chimp d*ck right know.

And please Spotify staff, please don't act surprised with these kind of problems. I'm not the only one.

155 Replies

Total waste of time and nobody from Spotify cares ! No customer service or helpline or replies! How totally disgusting from such a large company!!

I have a playlist for the office at work! Nearly 4000 songs! Worked fine for a the last year! Would shuffle all day! Now it only shuffles 50 songs! And when connected to server to play over work speakers it jumps like a scratched cd! Looking to move to Itunes Apple Music! Been highly recommended and have people to help instead of being totally ignorant to people who pay money for a service!!' Dicks

I found a solution for myself. I initially had the songs in my downloads and linked from there but that wasn't working. What I did get to work was I linked my itunes and put the song in my itunes library and chose it from there and it instantly downloaded to the app on my galaxy s6. Hope this can help.

I have Spotyf Premium. I have two internet account. One is an USB Internet for my PC and the other is a Wi-Fi for everybody in the house. I use my Spotify account in both my PC and a Tablet. No problem with my tablet, everything is fine there. But several month ago my PC don't download and because I always have internet i used it streaming. Recently I found that the download works if I use the Wi-Fi in mi PC. 

So in a few words my AT&T USB Internet let me use spotify but not to download and my Wi-Fi let mi download everythin in my PC... I tried everything and still can't fix this. Help! 

@shaggyb

Sounds like a firewall issue, possible from your USB modem / router.

You need to check the device documentation regarding port or traffic blocking (or any related topic) and see if that solves the problem.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

You are a god. Somehow, my Android had spontaneously connected to my "xfinitywifi" hotspot. Spent 2 hours....

Wow! Thanks..your instructions work perfect.

steve

i've been doing that and it's worked before but it's not working now.

**bleep**ing losers...queen **bleep** hopes you die google affiliates

Is this one the phone settings or the app settings? i can't find this setting?

Same problem here. I pay 10 pounds monthly for my Spotify Premium and it turnes off constantly and doesn't want to download my music.

I have the same issue. I had one playlist of around 900 songs. Spotify android app regularly takes ages to start or times out searching (on wifi). Yesterday it wouldn't download a playlist so I switched download off on it but it wouldn't stop trying. Now after clearing cache and reinstalling i cant download anything - just sits there on 0%. Why should i have to cleat my SD card and reinstall everything just to get the darn thing working?

Exactly! I just uninstalled it. Worse app ever!

There are so many people in the same situation as me ie unable to download despite paying for premium. You guys are happy to take our money but not prepared to sort out this problem. I'm cancelling my subscription and looking to another system. Why didn't you just leave Spotify alone? It worked perfectly well before. 

Same problem from me on my brand new phone (Samsung Note 8). I have been a premium user for minimum 6 years but I will cancel my subscription and switch to another provider if the problem persists. I want to be able to listen to my music offline.

I have given the app the storage permission. I have restarted the app. I have re-installed the app. I have cleared the cache. Last is to reset my phone but I won't do it as I spent hours to tune it.

Spotify does not seem to care much about this issue reading the comments, maybe it's time to see if Deezer worth the money.

Hey @Nifaal

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I contacted the Spotify support for this issue and they handled the case very quickly. It turned out there was an issue at there side with my account. They had to delete it and create a new one. Then they restored my playlists and music and I was able to download songs for an offline use.

In the meantime, I took a Deezer special offer (1 euro for 3 months) to be able to get some music while on the plane. It's fine but I think I'll stick with Spotify.

Suggested posts