Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No matter what I do, my playlists WON'T DOWNLOAD!

Solved!

No matter what I do, my playlists WON'T DOWNLOAD!

Hi! I have this annoying problem with my Spotify. It wont let me download my playlists? I have reinstalled it several times, cancel the download again and again, tried the beta version, removed other playlists that might have effected it, removed songs, removed memory from the phone, tried friends networks, banging the phone to the ground, screaming at it and it still doesn't work. I feel really ripped of because I'm not getting what I'm suppose to from the app. And i know that there is something wrong with the app becuase it doesn't work no matter what I do. What should I do to FIX THIS?! Spotify sucks chimp d*ck right know.

And please Spotify staff, please don't act surprised with these kind of problems. I'm not the only one.

155 Replies

and now that i have re installed, I lost the couple of playlist that did download

@bfuller17 wrote:

and now that i have re installed, I lost the couple of playlist that did download

Are you getting any error messages at all? 

Do you have enough free storage space on whatever storage location Spotify is using? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Have you found a solution to this yet? My mobile won't allow me to download my playlists from my computer. I have erased the cache and uninstalled the Spotify mobile app, then tried to reinstall it several times, but when trying to sync devices, it simply won't work. Please tell me you have found a solution. Thanks. 

Hi. What happens when you follow the steps in this post?

Hey guys! You are all really really complicating things. Although I had the same problem! All you have to do is click which playlists you want downloaded, then when they are listed under Downloaded, just play the songs and as you listen to them, they will download. It is quite manual, but it works! Hope it helps!

-SheNerdGuru

Hi David,

Obviously there is a problem with the download of tracks on spotify. Since it is an application that the users pay for, me and many others want you to direct this to the right operaters in order to solve the problem generally. I am quite disappointed how some functions of the program do not work properly.

Thank you

No, it really is more complicated than that. This is for after we choose download, and when we click on the song we get an error message. 

I notice that it won't download songs that have been converted from .wmv to .mp3. I show it on my mobile list, but it's greyed out and when I click on it, it says "Track Not Available". I've gone through and deleted the app from my phone and done all the other stuff listed on here. So I'm just assuming that even though I have the premium service, I just can't listen to all MY music. 

Hi. I thought .wmv was the windows video format? If the only problem you have is with these converted files, it suggests they may be encoded in a way spotify doesn't like. They're not DRM proteced or something by any chance?

I keep seeing "solved" !  where is it the great "solved" answer ? ? ?  I clicked on the link and got lost in a maze and now my eye sockets are twisted.  WTF?  HOW do I get SPOTIFY TO CONNECT TO MY FACEBAKE ACCT AND ALLOW ME TO SHARE MY PLAYLISTS WITH FRIENDS AND WITH FACEBOOK, can I get a straight concise answer, like, uh, WHERE i CAN ACCESS IT, YOU KNOW, LIKE READ IT AND UNDERSTAND IT??????  YES I'M FRUSTRATED AS ALL HAY IN CASE YOU ARE WONDERING OR CARE....

NO THIS POST WAS NOT HELPFUL IN THE LEAST, HOW HAS THIS "ISSUE" BEEN SOLVED? AND WILL YOU PLEASE TELL ME AND THE OTHERS HERE?  AND CAN YA TELL US WITHOUT MAKING US GO ON A FRICKIN SCAVENGER HUNT TO FIND THE INFORMATION ??????????? C'MON PETER, I'M BEGGING YOU THIS IS RUINING MY darn EVENING SERIOUSLY, I KNOW THAT'S MY OWN PROBLEM BUT STILLL....... 

@valsawolverine There are currently server issues affecting the social side of spotify. Keep an eye on this thread for updates.

Brand new tab3 with spotify premium and empty sd card wont download playlist. It just says "waiting for download" but nothing happens.  I got 22mb 3g mobile broadband so no wifi needed here. Everything else works but spotify doesnt. download...

Edit: cause i can.

Hi @Rapukakku . There's something about those words "Pls fix" which sets me on edge but I'm just old fashioned.

Are you trying to synch a playlist of local files and not music which is on spotify by any chance?

I was trying to download playlist from spotify so i could listen it offline in my car when im driving trough "desert" wheres no signal. Or atlest no internet. Lets say i listen metallica trough spotify and i put offline mode on. Shouldnt spotify download those songs in my tab so i can listen them offline?

Edit: cause i can...

Ah but I used to play my parents' 78s!

Anyway, the waiting to download will appear if spotify can't access the internet. Possible causes are:

1. Spotify is still in offline mode
  2. Download over 2G/3G is turned off and your tab isn't connected to wifi
  3. It is connected to wifi but something is stopping spotify connecting to the servers. Maybe the router firewall is responsible.

Seems my issue was in setings. 2G/3G download was turned off.. Makes sense if think about it bit hehe. Thanks for help anyways.

You're welcome 🙂

I had the same problem and here is how I solved it:

Let's say you ripped your favorite CD to iTunes and now you want to listen to it with Spotify on your mobile phone. Make a playlist in iTunes and add the songs from the CD to the iTunes playlist, and then import the list into Spotify.

In Spotify, File > Import Playlists > iTunes. It will import all of your iTunes playlists... I could not seem to just select the one I wanted. I deleted the ones I did not want from Spotify, leaving the one I wanted.

The same wireless network

Make sure that the PC or MAC running Spotify and your mobile device are connected to the same wireless network. So for example, if your wireless network connection is named mywireless, then the computer and the mobile device have to be connected to it. You may have multiple wireless profiles: one for you and a separate one for guests. In my case,I happened to connect both my Android and my iPhone to a guest WiFi profile I had made, while my MacBook Pro was connected to the "house" WiFi profile. That was the the problem the whole time. As soon as I joined my mobile devices to the same WiFi network that my MacBook was connected to, everything worked as advertised. 

I was really frustrated over this because I am an IT professional and could not figure it out for the longest time. I had been trying to make it work on my Andriod the whole time but it never downloaded and would only would say "Waiting to download." but then I decided to try it on my iPhone and the experience was different. The iPhone Spotify app would not download either, but it actually gave me clues to look for that the Andriod interface did not offer. The first one was to make sure the computer and the mobile device were connected to the same wireless. Then I checked and found my mistake. 

I hope this helps others.

Tech Brad.

Hi Joe and any others at Spotify Support. I'm having a bit of an irritation it seems with my installation of Spotify on my Nexus 7.

Sliding "available offline" to the right for my good ol' Skyrim songs collection playlist pops up a little "waiting to download" short piece of text and doesn't seem to be downloadng...well...anything really.

I've done quite a few things like uninstalling, logging out and back in, deleting cache and data etc. And I just can't seem to get this to work! I've tried it on both mobile data and of course my home WiFi but it seems the luck of music is not on my side today.

I'd appreciate a quick reply on how to perhaps fix it because I am getting a bit twisted over this issue.

Thanks guys, you're doing an excellent job.

Nonchalant

@Loki_iWom wrote:

Hi Joe and any others at Spotify Support. I'm having a bit of an irritation it seems with my installation of Spotify on my Nexus 7.

Sliding "available offline" to the right for my good ol' Skyrim songs collection playlist pops up a little "waiting to download" short piece of text and doesn't seem to be downloadng...well...anything really.

I've done quite a few things like uninstalling, logging out and back in, deleting cache and data etc. And I just can't seem to get this to work! I've tried it on both mobile data and of course my home WiFi but it seems the luck of music is not on my side today.

I'd appreciate a quick reply on how to perhaps fix it because I am getting a bit twisted over this issue.

Thanks guys, you're doing an excellent job.

Hi there. First off to clarify, only the guys with green names are Spotify staff. The majority of us are regular (paying) users like yourself.

As for your problem, can you confirm you have a premium subscription? Is the playlist you are trying to download an online playlist or one made up from tracks you have on your home PC?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts