Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No matter what I do, my playlists WON'T DOWNLOAD!

Solved!

No matter what I do, my playlists WON'T DOWNLOAD!

Hi! I have this annoying problem with my Spotify. It wont let me download my playlists? I have reinstalled it several times, cancel the download again and again, tried the beta version, removed other playlists that might have effected it, removed songs, removed memory from the phone, tried friends networks, banging the phone to the ground, screaming at it and it still doesn't work. I feel really ripped of because I'm not getting what I'm suppose to from the app. And i know that there is something wrong with the app becuase it doesn't work no matter what I do. What should I do to FIX THIS?! Spotify sucks chimp d*ck right know.

And please Spotify staff, please don't act surprised with these kind of problems. I'm not the only one.

155 Replies

Sorry lad I'm quite new to the site, but you're on Spotify and you're supporting me so I might as well call you Spotify Support 😉

I do not have a premium subscription, no. I didnt think that was required. Perhaps I was wrong.

The playlist is indeed made up of local files on my PC.

Thanks for thew quick reply

Nonchalant
Marked as solution

True, I like your theory... Now if only I could get a salary from Spotify 🙂

Right, so that's the issue. Spotify free doesn't allow offline listening. Please see the thread Subscription Comparison Chart for a comparison of the different subscription levels Spotify offer.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thankyou for informing me! Kudos to you, friend! Have an excellent day.

Nonchalant

Hi

I've been reading through these mails and trying to follow but nothing is helping me.  I want to play my running play list off line so I can listen to the music when I'm in an non-wifi area.  My android phone is saying Waiting to Download but nothing is happening.  I am using the same wi-fi for my computer.  What should I do?  I am not the most technically minded person, by the way, and I am getting a little frustrated!  I found something on activating and de-activating my 2G or 3G but I don't know what that means .... 

Thanks for your help!

Sarah 

@stturner77 wrote:

Hi

I've been reading through these mails and trying to follow but nothing is helping me.  I want to play my running play list off line so I can listen to the music when I'm in an non-wifi area.  My android phone is saying Waiting to Download but nothing is happening.  I am using the same wi-fi for my computer.  What should I do?  I am not the most technically minded person, by the way, and I am getting a little frustrated!  I found something on activating and de-activating my 2G or 3G but I don't know what that means .... 

Thanks for your help!

Sarah 

OK, a few things to check:

1. Are you a premium subscriber? Free or Unlimited users cannot download offline

2. Do you have more than 3 devices set for offline use? You can check on the internet at www.spotify.com/account and logging in

3. Do you already have lots of tracks downloaded for offline use?

4. Are you connected to WiFi or Mobile Data? By default, offline files only download on WiFi... you can change this in Spotify Settings and toggling the 'Sync over Cellular' radio button.

5. Do you have enough storage space on your phone/SD Card?

6. Check this guide for more tips: [GUIDE] How to fix common issues for Spotify on Android

Android Troubleshooting:

Hi

Thanks for this.  The only one I think it could've been is 4 - didn't know about the Sync over Cellular thing.  Should it be on or off? Just put it on on.  It has done 2 but no more ... plenty of space on card... 

Any more ideas?

Thanks again

Sarah 

@stturner77 wrote:

Hi

Thanks for this.  The only one I think it could've been is 4 - didn't know about the Sync over Cellular thing.  Should it be on or off? Just put it on on.  It has done 2 but no more ... plenty of space on card... 

Any more ideas?

Thanks again

Sarah 

Are you sure your cache is set to the sd card? Can you clear the cache in Spotify settings, open the app and log back in again then try downloading some offline stuff? 

Android Troubleshooting:

It's working now! 

Just throwing out there that I only read through the first few pages of this thread. I was having the same problem and the way that I fixed it was to go into my apps on my phone (Settings -> Apps) and clear the Data (not just the Cache, has to be the Data, it only means you'll need to sign in again, nothing else bad will happen). I then made sure that the playlist I wanted was set to Available Offline on my computer, then signed back into the app on my phone and flipped the same switch there and everything downloaded just fine. It seems that I have to do this any time I add local files to a playlist that I want to download. If anyone has questions or needs clarification on what I did, just ask and I'll get back to you here.

My Spotify deletes all my saved data after I turn my phone off or even randomly at times. I have 13gb worth of music on a 32gb sd card. Please help!!!

UPDATE: I did not mention that the 32gb SD card was new. I popped in my old 16gb card and downloaded music and it worked!!! With my 32gb SD card, my offline music would be lost when I closed the app from the multitasking drawer, when I used clean master, when I restarted my phone, or randomly throughout the day or night everyday. With my old 16gb SD card, I performed all these actions and my music was still saved!! Now, my 32gb SD card is a Class 10. My 16gb is a Class 4. Do you think the Spotify app is more compatible with certain SD cards? If it matters, my phone is a moto g 4glte (first generation) with kitkat 4.4.4 and the latest version of Spotify.

I am somehwat new to spotify (Canada) and see that a few years later, this is still an issue.  I have had premium for a few months and have built some playlists.  for the most part, it's been great.  what I've noticed though, is that when I remove a song from it, because I keep hearing it over and over, by selecting "remove from playlist", it doesn't get removed.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, removed battery etc etc.and it's still happening.  therefore I had two big issues and now another one, since I uninstalled and reinstalled on my Samsung S4.

1)  when I remove a song from a playlist (I keep the faves in Starred), it is not removed

2)  I hear the same songs over and over and others I never hear

2)  the sceen goes to a white screen with green spin icon (updating), literally every 10 secs!!!  this is draining my battery!!

HELP PLEASE!!!  how is this worth $10 a month??

if this isn't resolved, I will be cancelling Spotify.  thanks users, for any help!!!  🙂

10 sec 

@juicebee wrote:

I am somehwat new to spotify (Canada) and see that a few years later, this is still an issue.  I have had premium for a few months and have built some playlists.  for the most part, it's been great.  what I've noticed though, is that when I remove a song from it, because I keep hearing it over and over, by selecting "remove from playlist", it doesn't get removed.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, removed battery etc etc.and it's still happening.  therefore I had two big issues and now another one, since I uninstalled and reinstalled on my Samsung S4.

1)  when I remove a song from a playlist (I keep the faves in Starred), it is not removed

2)  I hear the same songs over and over and others I never hear

2)  the sceen goes to a white screen with green spin icon (updating), literally every 10 secs!!!  this is draining my battery!!

HELP PLEASE!!!  how is this worth $10 a month??

if this isn't resolved, I will be cancelling Spotify.  thanks users, for any help!!!  🙂

10 sec 

Odd, it should reomve it as son as you take it off. Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

Android Troubleshooting:

hei, i got the same problem and it's more than frustrating! i tried restarting my phone a few times and deleting apps i didn't use anymore.

- check your storage! than it should be able to work!

good luck!

wow..now all the music i downloaded prior to this issue is ALL GONE and i still can't download anything....fom bad to worse thankyou

Having windows app running preventet me from downloading on mobile app

i have a premum spotify account i use on a samsung galaxy s3. all was orking fine then one day it dcided to undownload all of my playlists, i redownload them and all is fine, takes ages as i have multiple playlists with over 50 songs. they all download fine but then when i turn my phone off (or it turns off due to low battery) when it turns back on again, none of my playlists are downloaded and i have to go through the downloading process all over again. if the problem is not fixed i will be switching to a new music app

just hit available offline button

I have exactly the same problem!

I don't understand why spotify doesn't pick this up. there are at least 140 messages here, when you look on google it is full of complaints!

I have spotify ultimate or whatever, have to pay for it through KPN. But it is NOT worth to have it.

To add insult to injury they have the option: UNDOWNLOAD for your playlist.......

Hello, 

im using an iPhone 6 and it when I try to download playlists or individual songs, it doesn't initiate their download. This has been happening for several months, I've checked my memory and I have available space. Can someone please help! 

Suggested posts