Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No more playlists and more

Solved!

No more playlists and more

Hello, i've a premium account on spotify and it's connected to facebook and i never had any troubles until today.

I was listening to my music and suddenly it stopped and a message popped up asking to play on this device or another device i've never seen before but i'm in the train as well so maybe hacked?

Anyway suddenly my playlists are gone, my saved songs are gone as well and they are replaced with spanish songs. But i'm still on my own account. What the **bleep** is going on lol.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It happened to me and it wasn't funny at all, especially when strange music started playing at full volume through my soundbar while I was watching TV.

The solution is, hopefully fairly simple @Bamn. Just follow these steps.

1. Go to your account page and change the password.
  2. From the same page click the "Sign out everywhere" button.
  3. Also go here and remove any offline devices you don't recognise. If in any doubt, remove them all.
  4. Log in with your new password and everything should be back to normal. You can then delete the playlists which were added and restore your own playlists here.

Please make sure not to use the same password for different sites. Less secure sites get hacked from time to time and spotify is often the first app, they will try your log in credentials on.

If you have aany problems, use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

LOL, thats the funniest issue I have ever red 😄 

Its really odd, i don't know if someone can hack your spotify account, but that seems like a most logically thing that can be happened with you. 

/ See if you`re not logged in someone else account? /

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

It happened to me and it wasn't funny at all, especially when strange music started playing at full volume through my soundbar while I was watching TV.

The solution is, hopefully fairly simple @Bamn. Just follow these steps.

1. Go to your account page and change the password.
  2. From the same page click the "Sign out everywhere" button.
  3. Also go here and remove any offline devices you don't recognise. If in any doubt, remove them all.
  4. Log in with your new password and everything should be back to normal. You can then delete the playlists which were added and restore your own playlists here.

Please make sure not to use the same password for different sites. Less secure sites get hacked from time to time and spotify is often the first app, they will try your log in credentials on.

If you have aany problems, use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

Heya, thanks! i got my songs back and for now it seems i won't get hacked again. 

Thanks a lot !

Glad I could help 🙂

Suggested posts