Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No offline songs after update

No offline songs after update

(sorry for my bad english, I'm french)

I'm a new user of spotify (I'm premium). I used deezer before.

The problem : I just opened the android app. It said : "this version of spotify is not up to date please update" so I did (in the playstore)

And then when I openned it again, I lost all the offline songs (like 12 Go). There are still on the SD card but they doesn't appear as available online.

Also all my preferences have been changed to default.

It seems that I have installed the app called "Spotify" and it asked me to install "Spotify Music" instead.

I have now the two installed and no offline music.

Why are there 2 spotify apps?

My phone is a Wiko Cink Five (a french phone brand)

Actual app version : 1.1.0.113

If anyone can help. It took me several days to download all my music....

Thank you!

4 Replies

Poorest update of the century.

I use Spotify on a Walkman for traveling. Just a few days before my next trip a retard decides

I have to spent an another few hour downloading all my stuff onto my walkman.

This may be new to Spotify but not all airplanes have WiFi yet.

Also new that it takes a lot of time to figure out which lists you want to take with you on a trip.

Un f*ing believeable.

I am not paying for a subscription to have some idiot make that sort of stupid decisions for me.

Please fire someone or compensate for my lost time at my rate (that would be spotify for life for me).

Don't forget: Premium users have to be on line to listen to music off line.

Have a read at this help page for the full details of why there is a new app:

https://support.spotify.com/problems/#!/article/downloading-android-update

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Ok. But you should have warned us before ! ! ! ! !

This is the second time i have to download again all my offline music. (The first time was because i'm a clean master user).
This is absolutely not professional. next time i go back to deezer (i never had any problem or bug in one year with them, and two major problems in one month with spotify).

I have upgraded to the new version of Spotify and now all of my offline playlists have disappeared. Unfortunately, all playlists will have to be set offline again and re-downloaded in the new version of the Spotify Android app. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes, but hope you understand this is a necessary precaution to safeguard the quality of our service and protect our users.

I'm sorry but this is unacceptable. Why is it that I should have to re-download upwards of 6GB of music when I can see that it is still sitting on my phone's hard drive. This is surely something that could have been avoided. Whoever decided this update could be rolled out with this consequence needs to take a long, hard look at themselves. I'm incredibly frustrated by this and by the attitude within the Spotify dev team. This is not okay. I pay for 3g. I pay for bandwidth. I pay for Spotify. I expect better.

Suggested posts