Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No "Available offline" tab

No "Available offline" tab

I have a Samsung galaxy s2, and I can´t listen to music in offline mode. I can´t even download the playlist to offline mode. According to all the other android phones nad internet sites there should be a "tab to press" that sais "available in offline mode" When you long press at a song list. The only thing I get is:
undownload
radio
collaborative
rename
unpublish
delete playlist

Meaning I don´t have the tab "available offline"
So I can´t listened to my playlist in offline mode.

The funny thing is that I have 8 playlists, and every1 used to work in offline mode, now my three favorite lists that I listened to a lot doesn't work in offline mode. And I have the problem above, The other playlist still works in offline mode.
5 Replies

If "undownload" appears as an option, that means the playlist has already been downloaded to your S2. What happens when you select it - do the tracks display normally or are they greyed out? What message do you get if you select a track to play?

It only sais filter, there are no songs when I select my playlist, in offline mode or when I am not using offline mode but doesn't use internet. When I use my WIFI all the songs work.
So basically I can´t see the tracks at all. When I select it.

Can you clarify a couple of things for me. Do you have a current premium subscription shown on your account overview page? Are these playlists supposed to contain downloaded music from spotify or synched local tracks from your desktop?

What happens when you connect the android to the same wifi as your desktop with offline turned off. Does the android show under "Devices" in the desktop client and do you get anything showing to indicate those playlists are downloading in the client or on the phone?

One last comment at this point.....if you haven't played any music while online for over 30 days, spotify content becomes unavailable. If this is what has happened, try playing one track online then put the phone back in offline mode again and see if the playlists now behave as they should.

Yes I have a current premium subscription, I can listen to music in offline mode on the computer.

The music on my phone was synched with my computer when I used the same WIFI. My phone device was shown in devices at the desktop client and I could press the playlist that I wanted to synch. The list has a green arrow in my computer and in the android.

The music works in online mode on my android, when I listen to the list in online and meanwhile select it to offline and shut down my WIFI the music still works in offline. But when I stop listening to the music and wait a while the music won´t work in offline mode the next time I use it, Then I have to repeat what I youst explained. 

One thing I also noticed was that when I am in online mode on the android I can see my picture of myself and all my subscribers, but when I go to offline mode my picture and the subscribers disappear.

Thanks. Please try a clean reinstallation of spotify on your android, following the steps in this post. You'll need to resynch the playlists when you're done but hopefuly things should be back to normal. Please let me know how it works out for you 🙂

Suggested posts