Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No sound since Android (0.7.4)

No sound since Android (0.7.4)

I have a premium subscription, for about a year now, and as of the past few days I can't play any songs. The timing bar will move along as if the song is playing but there is no sound. I've deleted the cache, uninstalled/reinstalled the app and nothing seems to work. Am I the only one with this problem? Any solutions? 

---

2013-12-12 Update by Per, here.

14 Replies

I moved your reply into a new topic.

What device are you using? Have you tried removing the battery, both before and after re-installing?

If you can't remove the battery because you're using, for example, a HTC, have a look here.

If nothing works, after you uninstall, you could also try downloading and installing from m.spotify.com.

Community Ergo Sum

I'm using an ZTE Mesmerize. US Cellular Carrier with the most up to date OS. Spotify is up to date. If I switch to 4G spotify works (hardly) as it occurs glitches such as no menu to pause or play or skip. I don't use 4G for the sole purpose of saving data and because the speeds between 3G and 4G are hardly noticable. Not sure why this is occuring but I can't really justify using 4G just for Spotify's sake

And yes as far as the battery goes I took it out afterwards and retried the install. Not really sure if anyone else has this issue either

This has also been happening on my device recently.  I have the samsung galaxy s4.  very annoying and if it isn't resoved quickly i will cancel my subscription. 

Is this only happening on a mobile network? I.e. do you get sound when you're on wifi?

Community Ergo Sum

Neither mobile network or Wifi works.

Looks like we're going to need more details. Please read this and provide all the information.

Community Ergo Sum

I am having the same issue, it's been off and on over the past few days, but today i cannot play ANY songs in streaming mode. It seems there are lots of users experiencing this same issue, with no help or word said by Spotify. I am VERY close to cancelling and moving to Google Play

Description

Songs will show as playing when streaming but no sound is output. This affects android version only

What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?

Trying to play any song that isn't downloaded

What I expected to happen

I expect to be able to use this service which I pay money for

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

Yes

Did you read the connection troubleshooting tips?

Yes

Your device

Google nexus 5

Device’s Operating System

Latest android 4.4

What type of account do you have?

Premium

Space left on your device

10+GB

Space left on your SD card (if applicable)

10+GB

Space left on your External SD card (if applicable)

N/a

Is your device rooted?

NO

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?

If you don’t know what this means you can probably answer “No”

Did you set your external SD card as storage location?

No

Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store?

Yes, No

Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?

No

If you said "No", when does the issue not occur?

When playing downloaded tracks

My mobile Spotify version

0.74.608.g206da179

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

No problems with my desktop player

My mobile provider and country

GiffGaff - runs off o2 network. UK

My username

megahyder

Do you have a Spotify (non-Facebook) login?

YEs

Are you logging in with Facebook or with your Spotify login details?

Spotify login

I'm having the same issue with my LG g2. Is just been the last two days. My phone is brand new and I have 20g of memory I can only listen if it's a downloaded play list. I have wiped the phone twice in an effort to fix. This needs to get fixed.

@user-removed Hey! Does this happen on WiFi or just 3G/4G?

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I forgot to mention the problem on happens when I'm using 3g(dont have 4g). Spotify works normally over wifi

IT only happens when it is pulling offo 3g/4gLTE. I can have full bars of service and still get nothing. It will show that it is playing but there is no sound at all. When you try to scrub the song it will just start over and there is still no sound. I have re-installed this program 5 times at thing point and have re-booted the whole phone from scratch 3 times. It works fine on my computer or when it is pulling off of Wi-Fi. 

We are investigating several reports of iffy playback on 3G/4G/LTE. I'm hoping whatever the cause there turns out to be, it will also sort out the wifi streaming issue. I'll keep you updated as more info comes my way.

Community Ergo Sum

Hey everyone, so as of about 11 pm eastern time last night. They uploaded the new led Zeppelin collection and spotify has begun to work again. Not really sure what happened but try it out again? Hopefully it works for everyone else as well

Suggested posts