No support for for Ford Sync Applink with Android?

Re: No support for for Ford Sync Applink with Android?

rynet91

When signing up for the free trial of premium, I too was expecting to use Ford Sync AppLink support for Spotify on my Samsung S4. I thought it was a no brainer because Spotify was Ford's first AppLink App so it would only make sense. However, I was extremely disappointed. I have cancelled my subscription before I got charged and will continue to use Pandora and Amazon Mp3. I was really considering being a customer too, but that feature was a deal breaker.

I'm sure I won't be the only person to cancel because of the lack of this feature.

Re: Playback keeps on pausing

ashleybill1
Casual Listener

I have the same problem.  I have a premium subscription:

Problem - In Car, you can hear the music on the mobile phone speaker - offline/downloaded and online.  Connect to my Car bluetooth.  Playback pauses every few seconds.  An occasional work-around is to hit the play button every time it pauses which seems to have an effect on the number of times it continues to pause.

Environment:

Ford S-max (2 years old) - standard in-car radio which came as factory default.

Phone HTC Desire X (3 months old) - Android 4.1.1 (Factory defauilts)

Tried doing:

• spotify re-install
  • offline and online streaming
  • from a playlist only (downloaded or not downloaded)
  • Turning phone on and off
  • Re-bonding telephone to car

ALL FAILED TO MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE.

I use spotify alot in the car - this is making spotify usless to me and am now looking at alternative spotify competitors.  This problem is repeatable and consistant but I have no one in spotify support I can turn to!

Yours fustrated

Peter__
Community Legend

@ashleybill1 - Sounds like you are experiencing a common issue with Spotify on iOS 7. Head over to this bugs topic for more details. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

ashleybill1
Casual Listener

HI,

Thank you for your response, it is appreciated.  Unfortunately, this is to do with the Android Operating Systsem on an HTC - please re-read my posting - I would certainly be grateful if you had any ideas still,

Peter__
Community Legend

Ah that is my bad, saw I was in the iOS section and went straight to car issues! :P 

Just browsing a few similar topics someone suggested:

Update: Was able to stop Spotify pausing all the time in the car by going into my phone's bluetooth settings and setting the car connection to not use the media profile.

Might be worth a shot?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Joe
Community Legend

@ashleybill1 Bluetooth streaming to a car audio isn't officially supported on android curretly. I'm moving this into a relevant thread in the android section and you should check out this request in ideas.

SUGGESTED POSTS