Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No way to purchase album or song from station

No way to purchase album or song from station

I'm listening to this great album or song by an artist on my Android and go to tap something to purchase it or save it to my wishlist and there's no button or option to do that. The menu button does nothing. 

In Pandora I have this option and I'm sure it benefits Pandora and the artist much more than just listening to it, and makes it easier for me to put into my collection (and Spotify could take a cut). Did I miss something here? Can we get Spotify to add this necessary feature?

3 Replies

Spotify have never offered in-app purchases of tracks on mobile devices, but it did used to exist on the desktop client. Sadly it was removed a long while ago, most likely due to low engagement (and therefore profitability) with the feature. 

Be sure to add your vote here if you would like to see it return.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Spotify is a streaming service. If you like an album you can star it and it will forever be yours to listen to (you can download it too to save data).

There is no option to buy as why would you want to, you're already paying for the right to listen to it. Netflix don't send you to Amazon to buy a film you're watching in the same way Amazon woudn't send you to Spotify to stream an album instead of buying it from them.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

The reason I buy is so I can listen to the music I want in the format I want anytime I want without needing an internet connection, a certain device, or a certain app.

Suggested posts