Premium

Country  

USA

Device

Google Pixel 2

Operating System

(Android Pie)

My Question or Issue

Before my phone was updated to Android 9 (Pie) toggling the "Normalize Volume" function worked properly.  I turn it on and it worked as it should if I turn it off the quality was much better. However since Android 9 was released when Normalize Volume is turned off the audio sounds absolutely terrible. It sounds like the volume is on Max bass boost. Audio is terrible and the bass is awful. This ONLY occurs with Bluetooth headphones. When connected to a car or Bluetooth speaker audio is fine. From my understanding this is a feature specifically to the Spotify App. When normalize is turned off the behavior occurs in all music apps. Google music, Apple music, tidal, and pandora. It appears like a system wide issue. I experience consistent issue with LG Tone 750 And Sony BT650, which work perfectly on other devices. I wiped my phone 3 times and updated it to Android 9 each time in hopes it would resolve the issue. Before I realized it was an issue with spotify app I did reach out to Google as I thought it was a issue with the O.S. They thought it was the headphones because the pixel is Bluetooth V5 device and my headphones are V3, but as I indicated before they work fine on other devices. Just curious if anyone else is having this issue as well. 

0 Replies

Suggested posts