Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not able to store music on SD card (Xperia)

Not able to store music on SD card (Xperia)

Plan Premium

Country Turkey

Device Xperia XZ

Operating System Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Although I have tried so many things about storing Spotify music on SD-card, none of them seems to work for me. I don't get to select it in-app because there is no way to select it. Clean reinstalled it before. Deleted everything about it etc. and I am getting sick of Spotify taking almost 50% of my internal storage. How am I supposed to do it?

15 Replies

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with this. First, have you checked that the SD card is mounted on your phone and that you can access it? 

Yes I can access it. Already storing most of my photos and videos there. It has approximately 20 Gb or more empty space.

Ok under Settings > Other > Storage, what are the options there? 

This is what it shows me.

Screenshot_20180930-101736.png

Sorry, I meant to say check in the Spotify app. 

There is only log out option at settigs/other

i can't select storage but it shows the space that it takes.

Take a look at android settings>apps>spotify>permissions and make sure storage is enabled. While there, I recommend enabling the other permissions to avoid other problems.

They are all enabled but it still does not work. 😕

I guess there is nothing to do.

Kia Ora,

Any update to move downloads to the SD card in pre-installed Spotify on Xperia XZ, Oreo 8.0.0 Build 41.3.A.2.184 ?

No option in the Spotify app to change storage location.

Have tried various cards and formatted them multiple times.

I have the same problem :(. Card is recognized in Tablet, but in Spotify not show in storage . Spotify version: 8.4.78.530.

I think I may have experienced error
ID 10 T

If I scroll all the way to the bottom of Settings, just above "Log Out"
there is another Storage option (under section called "Other"). This
storage option lets me choose my SD card.

Was this always there?

Hi, there is no this option.

Very bottom of Spotify settingsVery bottom of Spotify settings

This is what I've got. Not sure if enabling app storage permissions as previously suggested and a reboot (or two ?) helped...? 

Hi,

I recently had this option, but now it's gone. Setting permision and reinstalling did not help.

Suggested posts