Not casting from any device to any spotify connect or google cast device

Not casting from any device to any spotify connect or google cast device

GBeulen

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

(Samsung galaxy s10+, a51, tabs6lite, multiple microsoft laptops)

Operating System

(Android 12, windows 10.)

My Question or Issue

My premium spotify suddenly stopped casting to all other devices. It doenst connect to Google cast or Samsung speakers through Spotify connect. The latters seems to connect but then refuses to play, the first is stuck on trying to connect. 

It operates in a mesh network by TP link, all other devices and casting services work just fine. 

Restarting the network, reinstalling the app, trying a different device to cast with or to were all unsuccesfull.

Please help, spotify is pretty limited in its use now...

52 Replies

BoboSWE

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

(Samsung galaxy s22, lenovo tab, windows computer)

Operating System

(Android 12, windows 10.)

2 Different Samsung Speakers and Chrome Cast.

Latching on this, just got a new phone, suddenly Spotify Connect stopped connecting across all my devices.

Still finds the speakers but cant connect/play

Connecting to my chrome cast shows the Spotify logo briefly but doesn't load the app och play anything.

I can also connect to my desktop and control from my phone.

Kiril

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

Could you confirm if this issue with the 'Connect' feature is still occurring for both of you? We're asking this because there was a recent widespread API outage for some of our partners, and so this could have been the cause for this situation with your apps. However the issue has been resolved and everything should be working as expected in the moment.

If the issue still persists, then we suggest you to go for a clean reinstall of the app, as this is more thorough than the normal one and ensures that no cached data will cause interference with the performance of your app. See if this will shake things up and make casting and connecting to other devices possible again. 

Let us know how things work out, we'll be keeping an eye out for your reply.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

BoboSWE

Testing now connecting to speakers seems to be the same, meaning I does not work.

It does seem to be able to connect  "better" though, but still not playing.

Playing on the Crome cast works now.

So for me its still not playing on the samsung speakers.

GBeulen

Unfortunately same for me. The behaviour is the same for google cast (keeps trying to connect) and Samsung speakers (connects, but stays with 'play' button after a minor second where it shows the pauze button as if it would start play , but it never does). 

One thing I noticed after the reinstall is that initially the Spotify app said I was offline, even though my phone and internet connection were very much online. After restarting the app it showed online, but the issue's still there. 

It has to be something with the network, but it's Spotify specifically that all of a sudden has issues. No other service or cast function has this.

ThomasC74

I'm experience the same, have had spontaneous working on 2 of my 4 Philips Multiroom speakers when trying to find out whats wrong. Have been trying to change dns to google as some mentioned in an other thread. And it can connect to the speaker, but goes into pause directly.

Since the Philips Multiroom speaker is limited to only work with Spotify Connect they are most limited now.

RS38

I also have this issue, Spotify seems to connect but is either paused and will not be play, or it is playing but no sound from my speakers. Already tried reinstalling, which had no effect unfortunately..

ThomasC74

I have been trying to set static dns of 8.8.8.8 to my speakers and devices both iphone an PC (wrong forum thread... but same issue) and have been working for a some minutes to just go back to stop working again after changing between speakers a few times. Didn't work from all phones and pc's.  Very frustrating!

GBeulen

Suddenly the google cast function worked on my phone, but on my gf's phone (s10 plus) it still refuses. Also, from the google hub itself it gives an error reply. No reinstalls or cleans done there yet. 

Spotify Connect does not work.

Roytjoo

Here I also encountering problems and can not start spotify Connect anymore over my speakers. Having premium as well. Can Spotify confirm there is a bug and will be fixed?

CarlosE

Hey folks!

Thanks for your reply in this thread 🙂

We really appreciate the time you took to report this to us. In this case, we'd first recommend making sure your speakers are up to date.

We'd like to investigate this further, so share with us the following:

• The exact make and model of your speakers.
  • The exact make and model of your devices along with their OS version.
  • The exact Spotify version you have installed on your devices.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

ThomasC74

ThomasC74_0-1658258719363.png

ThomasC74_1-1658258751929.png

Spotify för Windows
1.1.89.862.g94554d24

ThomasC74_2-1658258789806.png

ThomasC74

And my iPhone XR, ver 15.5 (same on other family members as well, iPhone 11 Pro, 8 Plus, and 13 Pro)

Spotify ver 8.7.46.1678

Roytjoo

According to this thread, it seems there is a deprecated URL . https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Spotify-Connect-stopped-working-on-my-MultiRoom-sys... , could this be related? Is Spotify going to fix this issue?

ThomasC74

Model of 3 of the Philips Speaker is SW750M and one SW700M (could not edit my post, no square for I'm not a robot)

Fog6926

I have also had this issue since some time during the weekend. Have tried "clean installs" and ALL combinations of the hardware listed below, with the same result as mentioned above

On Windows

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎21/‎06/‎2020
OS build 19044.1826
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

Spotify for Windows
1.1.89.862.g94554d24

On Android

OnePlus7T

Android version 11

App "last updated 18 Jul 2022"

Speakers

Samsung WAM350 (four of them)

Samsung HW-K650

Google Nest 2nd generation

milton5658

Same sudden trouble as other partecipants.

My device:

Samsung Galaxy S22

Android 12 

Speakers

Pioneer N50A (hifi streamer)

Screenshot_20220720-170922_UNDOK.jpg

 Same sudden trouble as other contributors

Samsung Galaxy S22 , Android 12, last system update 01-06-2022 (app working on this device)

Audio devices connected with app:

Pioneer N50A (hifi streamer)

Red Line PLAY S3-MT300A (software updated)

Both devices seen as connected by app, but they are not able to play (Red Line shows 'Pause' status ('buffering'), , Pioneer shows blank Spotify display. 

Tried fresh setup of Spotify app, but non effect. 

I hope you can help

Screenshot_20220720-170922_UNDOK.jpg

Red Line PLAY S3-MT300A 

DesignDirk

Suddenly having this issue too since a few days now. Samsung Multiroom speakers and soundbar. Spotify connect detects them without issues, connects, but refuses to play. When pressing play, it jumps to pause immediately.

Clearing caches and rebooting all devices has had no results yet.

Eni

Hey folks, 

Thanks for all the info you've sent so far. 

We've passed it to the team in charge who are currently looking into this. 

We'll keep you updated here when we have more news.

Cheers!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

ordo

Same issue here. I have a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, everything updated. I can't cast to any of my speakers: Samsung H750, Samsung M3 (3 different ones) two Google Nest Mini, one Google Home (OG), one Google Nest Hub. I can only play music on my local phone. I have premium family. It's *super* annoying! 

Suggested posts

Env: prod