Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not downloading all songs in a playlist

Not downloading all songs in a playlist

I am new to Spotify so this may be something very obvious, on my HTC One app I have told it to download a playlist and it only seems to download half the songs, the other half 'aren't available', does it only download songs that spotify has in it's library or should it download them from my PC if they can't match it?

I'm going on Holiday soon and what I wanted to do was make a playlist on spotify on my computer (using a mixture of songs from my pc and from spotify's library) and then tell it to download it so I can listen offline while on holiday, is this possible?

Thanks

7 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

If you have any local files on your PC which need to be synced to your phone, you need to connect the phone and the computer to the same WiFi network to sync those tracks. Full instructions are here 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for the fast reply, they are both on the same wifi network so I thought it would get them from my PC if it couldn't match them with spotifys library?

It should do! Does your phone appear in the "Devices" section of the desktop client?

Peter

Peter

it seems to be working now, thanks for your help 🙂

I think it was because my PC was wired and not wireless, why does it need to be wireless?

@ChrisLisi wrote:

it seems to be working now, thanks for your help 🙂

I think it was because my PC was wired and not wireless, why does it need to be wireless?

I have no idea, never understood it myself! 

Peter

Peter

It doesn't need to be wireless; it works on my desktop. Although sometimes I have to restart either the desktop client or android application for it to start working.

Indeed, the devices just have to be on the same network so they can talk to each other 🙂

Suggested posts