Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not playing local songs. Suddenly works. Then stops.

Not playing local songs. Suddenly works. Then stops.

Plan
Premium

Country

Device

S21 Ultra - newest OS

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I swear to god I am losing my **** mind with this "app".
It all started out of nowhere.
I can listen to all of my songs (online and local song files) on the desktop app.
When it comes to my Samsung S21 Ultra**bleep** hits the fan. It wont play the local mp3 files I got on my phone - literally in my music folder on my samsung - no matter what on gods earth I do.  Just says "song is not available" although the song is marked as downloaded and also appearing with white font in the android app. Best of all? When I click half a dozen times it suddenly plays for 10 seconds then goes straight again to "song unavailble". No matter if I switch to offline mode - it wont play a thing. I am starting to loose my mind**bleep** has robbed me two days time of already - deleting all my music downloads. Deleting all my spotify apps on pc and android. re-downloading all this **bleep**. redownloading all my downloads. changing directories of saved local mp3 files on my pc. NO matter what I do, it wont play my local files on mobile although they are literally on the **bleep**ing phone and marked as downloaded. I AM LOOSING MY MIND.

1 Reply

Hey @Mad0Dude,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

We understand you've already tried some troubleshooting steps including reinstalling, but to be sure that we're on the same page - did you use the steps for a clean reinstall mentioned in this article?

Also, since the issue could be related to the audio file, could you confirm if the MP3 files you have stored on your phone were downloaded from licensed and verified sources? If so, we'd recommend checking the quality of the files as they need to be below 320kbps to be fully compatible with the app.

However, if everything seems to meet the requirements on your end, would you mind downloading a song from a different source (avoiding converters) to see if it makes any difference? This will give us a better look at the issue.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts