Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not possible to add songs to queue on Chromecast streaming

Not possible to add songs to queue on Chromecast streaming

Hi there,

since two days I am Not able to add songs to queue when streaming on Chromecast (no matter which of the chromecasts).

My girlfriend is still able to do it.

I have an Samsung Galaxy 8 with Android 8. Spotify Version 8.4.66.733 arm V7

She has an galaxy 7 also with android 8.

Spotify Version 8.4.64.555 armV7.

Somebody else with this issui?

Best 

Sam

Top Answer
Katerina
Spotify Legend

Hey folks!

Thanks for posting about this. We're sorry to hear that you're having troubles adding songs to the queue while using Spotify Connect.

No worries, we've reported this to our tech folks. 

In the meanwhile, if you're experiencing this, we'd suggest heading here and clicking +VOTE to stay updated on any changes. You can also leave a comment with the requested details there if you wish.

However, if this occurs when you aren't using Connect from your Android device, you can head hereand add your votes instead.

Thanks for bearing with us while we solve this issue 🙂

46 Replies

It's not fixed.

To be sure I didn't miss an update I just uninstalled and re-installed spotify and restarted my phone.  Add to the queue still doesn't work, and neither does volume after a few minutes.  

Come on, spotify!  This must be affecting thousands of users and from a look at the forums it's been around for many months.

Same here, so happy! It comes with app version 8.40.70.660 (Sept 5, 2018).

Thank you Spotify, but especially Google team who did spent more than an hour (!) on the phone to help me with this problem.

My app is version 6.4.70.666, and it's still broken.

Appears fixed as of today. Thanks spotify and Google

Fixed! Thanks! 

Fixed for me too. 

Works for me too now.  Let's hope they'll fix the volume and switch to Chromecast bugs next!

Suggested posts