free

Country

australia

Device

s10

Operating System

android 12

My Question or Issue

on my old phone (s7), if spotify was playing music and i watched/listened to something else (youtube, reel, audio clip, etc), spotify would pause and then resume playing as soon as the other audio/video stopped. on my new phone it pauses but won't restart

i've looked through the settings several times but can't work it out. any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Manda5,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for bringing this up with us.

Would you mind letting us know if you've already tried performing a clean reinstall of the app? This is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing issues with app's performance. 

We'd also recommend that you try disabling any battery optimization software running on your phone and make sure to toggle on Background App Refresh for Spotify in your device's Settings. 

Lastly, if you haven't tried yet, could you try with a different Wi-Fi network to see if it makes any difference? In case you don't have another network available, you can use a mobile data hotspot to try it.

If the none of the above helps, could you share with us the Spotify version you're currently running.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Manda5,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for bringing this up with us.

Would you mind letting us know if you've already tried performing a clean reinstall of the app? This is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing issues with app's performance. 

We'd also recommend that you try disabling any battery optimization software running on your phone and make sure to toggle on Background App Refresh for Spotify in your device's Settings. 

Lastly, if you haven't tried yet, could you try with a different Wi-Fi network to see if it makes any difference? In case you don't have another network available, you can use a mobile data hotspot to try it.

If the none of the above helps, could you share with us the Spotify version you're currently running.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Spotify has always paused when I listen to or record a voice note in messages app. It used to start playing again once I was done. Now I have to go back to the app and hit play instead of it starting back up again.

Suggested posts