Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Nothing works... But your competitor's app does.

Nothing works... But your competitor's app does.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

LG ThinQ

Operating System

Android 8.0

My Question or Issue

For the last week or so, the app on my phone has been very unstable.  It crashes, it comes back, crashes again.  It crashes on it's own, when it's connected via Bluetooth to my car (toyota rav4).  It's happened so much that I began listening to the radio again.  But that's unacceptable.

I deleted spotify, reinstalled it.  I reformatted my phone, reinstalled the app.  I even wiped my sd card.  The app is still highly unstable and crashes whenever I open it for a few seconds to a minute.  I can't take much more of this  Especially paying $15 a month for an account.  Right now, I have Apple music installed and it's woring without a hitch.  I have an Amazon Account, I bet that would work without a hitch also.

So, what's the deal?  Can something be done or do I have to walk away from 5+ years of an app I used to enjoy?

Please help.

2 Replies

I think I fixed it by going into android's system files and renaming com.spotify... files to something else and redownloading spotify (hoping it recreates it's data files).  It hasn't crashed since, yet.  Wish me luck

Suggested posts