Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Notifcation missing, playback stops, UI doesn't update

Notifcation missing, playback stops, UI doesn't update

Plan

Premium (for fricking years at this point)

Country

UK 

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9+

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

Spotify version

8.4.63.584 armV7 when first reported; now 8.4.70.666 armV7

My issue

Originally reported this a few months ago in https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Notification-Missing/m-p/4566600#M139694, but opening a separate thread as requested as this has started to get worse/more frequent now.

Every now and again, while listening, playback will suddenly stop and the notification will disappear from my phone.  I can jump back into Spotify to resume listening, but the notification doesn't come back and I get a weird playback issue:  I can skip two songs and the UI (in the image attachedreacts normally, but when I go to skip the third (or any subsequent) song, the cover image and song title/artist stops updating. Dropping out of this screen and going back into it allows me to skip forward two songs again, but any subsequent songs then still don't update the UI. This bug seems to go away after a force close/restart (including the notifcation coming back).

1.jpg
3 Replies

Hey @samuelhwilliams,

Sorry to hear this is happening! 

It's worth resetting your offline devices to see if this helps. To do so, just head to Offline Devices on your Account Overview and click the 'Remove All Devices' button. As a heads up, you'll need to redownload your offline tracks once you click the button - so it's best to do this when you have access to WiFi.

Let us know how it goes, 

/T

Hi Tom,

Did as you suggested a few days ago. This morning, the issue has recurred, so it seems that's not done the trick. Open to other suggestions.

Cheers,

Sam

Hey @samuelhwilliams,

This seems to be related to this thread. We're currently investigating this, so be sure to add a +VOTE and comment the details we asked for. 

Thanks!

Suggested posts