Step 1

NEXT STEP

Notification Bar Missing

Notification Bar Missing

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I've noticed that the Spotify bar that is usually present in the notification bar when the app is running (has the pause and skip buttons) is now missing when the app is running. For example, when the app is running and music is playing, I manually have to go back to the app to pause or skip whereas I used to be able to just pull down the menu and do all of that from the widget on there. Is there a reason this feature is no longer existant? It would be nice if I didn't have to shuffle through my open apps every time I have to interact with Spotify.

1 Reply

Hi @some_guy_001

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

First I'd recommend making sure that all related notifications are enabled for Spotify on your device. You can check this by going to your phone's

Settings > Notifications > locate Spotify from the list of apps and tap it. You can then and see if they are enabled. 

If you're still having troubles after this, I'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of your Spotify app on your device. You can find the steps on how to do that in this Spotify Article.

I hope it helps!

Suggested posts