Premium

Country

United States

Device

Galaxy Note20

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

My notification shade is bugged and will not allow me to dismiss songs that are not playing. It's caused many issues with my music playing and will make the full player stop working at times. I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it I have cleared my cache I have force stopped the app there is nothing that I can do to fix the issue. Any help is appreciated below is a few screenshots of what my notification shade player looks like for reference

Screenshot_20210523-190435_Nova Launcher.jpg
Screenshot_20210523-190502_Nova Launcher.jpg
Screenshot_20210523-190515_Nova Launcher.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Update: it stopped doing it? I didn't do anything but my phone died for like 4 hours and when it came back on it was better. Idk if this helps anyone but try powering down for like a couple hours?

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Having the same issue on Android 11
Samsung Galaxy A70
Video attached below

Marked as solution

Update: it stopped doing it? I didn't do anything but my phone died for like 4 hours and when it came back on it was better. Idk if this helps anyone but try powering down for like a couple hours?

Hi there @AllisonOrion and @H4kt,

Thank you for your posts here in the Community.

@AllisonOrion - we're really glad to hear that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

@H4kt - can you let us know if it got solved for you as well or if you still experience this?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Still experiencing that issue. Nothing that was mentioned helped.

Hey @H4kt,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you check your phone's notification settings and try toggling the on/off for Spotify. Also, make sure the app is not included in your phone's Battery/ Performance optimization software.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Battery usage optimization is disabled for spotify. Toggling notifications off and then on did not solve the issue.

Hi @H4kt

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Would you mind logging out and then logging back in to the app twice to check if that makes the difference?

On another note, could you make sure that Spotify has all necessary permissions enabled in your phone?

1. Open your Settings menu.

2. Scroll to the bottom to find Spotify and open the app settings.

3. Enable everything you see.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts