Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Now playing disappears or stops working when streaming to Chromecast or Google Home

Now playing disappears or stops working when streaming to Chromecast or Google Home

I was listening to music and the bar at the bottom that shows what is playing has completely disappeared. I've force closed the app and restarted multiple times.

I cannot tell what is playing and have no playback controls. I am also completely unable to stop streaming to my Chromecast.

This is a serious problem! The basic functionality of your app has completely failed.

2 Replies

Hey @d3dc, welcome to the Spotify Community!

We’d like to know a bit more about what’s happening. Can you let us know what’s the device, operating system and version of Spotify you’re using? We’ll see what we can suggest.

We’ll be waiting for your answer.

I didn't get notified of any replies, so this is 3 weeks later.

I was on:
- Nexus 6p
- Android 7.1.1

- Spotify 7.1.0.1050

I was streaming to a Google Home.

Spotify has since updated, and I've been experiencing a roller coaster of buggyness with 7.2.1250 as well.

With the same device configuration, the Now Playing screen will frequently 'get stuck' or get out of sync with what is playing when it tries to advance to the next song. Sometimes, if I press the play button after it gets stuck, my phone starts playing different music than my Home.

Suggested posts