Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Now playing no longer showing album art.

Now playing no longer showing album art.

Plan

Family Premium

Country usa

Device

Moto g5 plus

Operating System

Android 7.0

My Question or Issue

I noticed after latest update that my album art and normal now playing controls are gone. Please see the screen that I now see.  Ive done a fresh reinstall and it hasn't resolved.

I use this screen daily.

Screenshot_20180725-114041.png
3 Replies

@Purnellben I posted with the same issue. Someone replied and said that it is a new safety feature when you are in your vehicle, so that you are not distracted.

Thanks, but I'm not in my car. I'm listening to Spotify through my Bluetooth headphones.

I took this explanation and unpaired my headphones. Sure enough, the old screen was back.

How do we let Spotify know that this is a design flaw because not all Bluetooth pairings mean you are in your car. This feature should be toggable or attached to not only Bluetooth but also to GPS API for movement. 

@Purnellben wrote:

Thanks, but I'm not in my car. I'm listening to Spotify through my Bluetooth headphones.

I took this explanation and unpaired my headphones. Sure enough, the old screen was back.

How do we let Spotify know that this is a design flaw because not all Bluetooth pairings mean you are in your car. This feature should be toggable or attached to not only Bluetooth but also to GPS API for movement. 

Ah sorry, shouldn't have assumed you were having this issue in your car. But I've got good news, you may have already seen but Spotify has done away with this "feature" and it is now back to normal!

Suggested posts