Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline Data stored on both internal and SD-Card Moto G3

Offline Data stored on both internal and SD-Card Moto G3

Hi.

I have a strange Problem with storing offline Data on my Moto G3, apearing under Android6 and also under CM12.1 - i can choose in Spotify-Settings where Spotify should store the downloaded Musicfiles ( internal or external SD), but it stores always in BOTH! So the small internal Storage fills up quickly, and the identical Filesize shows up in the 32Gig ext. SD-card.

The Card is configurated as standard external Memory, not shared-inline as Android6 offers.

I tried every common "trick", but nothing works...

3 Replies

Have you checked the sizes of the folders /android/data/com.spotify.music on both the inernal and external storage using a file manager? I noticed that app manager shows that spotify is using internal storage when it isn't - seems to be a bug.

Hi.

Jupp.. ya`right! But even if this is "only" a "showing false" Bug, wouldnt it telling other Apps that the internal Memory is full? Or is Android able to handle such things "behind the curtain" :), so that the space is usable?

I've noticed it as well... it seems to be application specific and not advertised to the entire system.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts