Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline Device Priority

Offline Device Priority

So, I am not sure if I am the only one but I for one have been plagues with a problem where my mobile loses ALL the songs on it.

Being a good user I went through the troubleshoot list:

• You've downloaded music to more than 3 devices. 
    Don't use more devices
  • You haven't been online with Spotify at least once in the last 30 days. 
    I use it literally every day (if not every waking hour)
  • You've recently reinstalled the app (doing so automatically removes downloaded tracks from your device). 
    Not the case!
  • Your Spotify app needs updating. 
    It's up to date.
  • Your SD card (if your device has one) has become compromised (dislodged, corrupted, etc.) 
    Works for everything else ...
  • The content's no longer available on Spotify.
    Nope. Just not offline on my phone -_-
  • Tracks in some playlists, such as Discover Weekly and other Spotify-curated playlists are updated regularly, meaning tracks might be removed.
    It's my own private song list!

Suprise, surprise, when I checked my offline devices my mobile one got updated today!

This is a major issue for me. My phone is basically a glorified mp3 that takes calls & msgs on the side. And I only notice I don't have music on it when I do not have internet and can't re-download them! (Besides I have so many it takes an age to get them again)

If this three device limitation is confusing it somehow (since it seems like the only plausible reason for "removing" songs) PLEASE give us the ability to lock Offline Permissions to one specific device.

In short, this one device takes precedence and all other devices can stick it.

Thanks!

p.s. I use Android

2 Replies

yes sounds like it.

I use the SD card as well. There is no visible problem. Possibly it suffers temporary "disconnects" with SD every now and then?

If this is the reason the app is losing all the songs it would nice if it was smart enough to recognise it already had songs it downloaded.

Suggested posts