Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline Devices Fail

Solved!

Offline Devices Fail

I only have one phone... a Samsung S3.

Spotify keeps adding my S3 as a new device, then deletes my playlist... which seems to happen every 2 weeks or so!

Surely there is some way that you can identify my phone as being the same phone each time?

This is really doing my head in, I keeping coming to use spotify on my phone, only to discover that my playlists have been wiped due to your idiotic offline device manager!

Please fix this!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Sycning Error:

Offline syncing has stopped as there's no space left on this device!

... there is 11GB free on the internal memory and 48GB free on my SD card 😕

EDIT: Deleted Cache, Data etc and reinstalled, working again.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Ouch. Could you use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

Yeah I have done already.

Unfortunately, now after removing 2 of those devices then reconnecting my phone, I am now unable to download anything to my phone!?

If you don't hear anything within 24 hours, if you post the 8 digit case number here, I'll chase it up.

Marked as solution

Sycning Error:

Offline syncing has stopped as there's no space left on this device!

... there is 11GB free on the internal memory and 48GB free on my SD card 😕

EDIT: Deleted Cache, Data etc and reinstalled, working again.

Great. Enjoy your music 🙂

I have 2 android devices again and Spotify has stopped playing on my phone 😕

Hi there, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at Spotify? 

The problem you are having is that you are not occasionally logging in and live streaming.

If you do not do so then you will have the playlists removed, we are a streaming service rather than download service, and have this feature in licensing agreements with artists and labels.

... Utter rubbish, I always stream from my pc. I also stream from my phone, but I mostly use my S3 as a car stereo and I do not wish music to be skipping and stopping whilst im driving....

Maybe Spotify wants me to crash my car..... thanks Spotify!

sWiZ7Le,

They actually want you to have the best listening experience possible, so I doubt that bodily harm is their intent 😉

On a more serious note, the Android app will *always* prefer to play downloaded content locally rather than be streamed.  So, all you really have to do is download the files you want via wifi, and you'll be set; there is no reason to turn on "Offline Mode".  And, if you leave it connected to their servers, the downloaded files should remain on your device indefinitely.

I have tested this functionality on several Android devices.  To test for yourself, check the "Data usage" section in your android Settings, and look at the Spotify app.  Note the number, then play 3-4 songs on a playlist you have downloaded while the app is connected to Spotify's servers.  Go back to the Data usage screen, and you'll see that Spotify's usage hasn't changed.  If you then go play 3-4 songs that you don't have downloaded, and check back, you will see the data usage updated.

Hope that helps!

Suggested posts