Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline Downloaded Songs Disappear

Solved!

Offline Downloaded Songs Disappear

Hello,

I've been using Spotify for about 2 years now with few issues. My current problem is that my downloaded music is made unavailable offline after parking at work.

I recently, 3 weeks ago, downloaded Android 5.0 for my Nexus 5. I had no issues with Spotify until this week. I've re-downloaded all of the music after I "lost" the songs. I noticed that the time it took to download 200+ songs was very small, significantly faster than had I downloaded them originally. This led me to believe that the music wasn't actually gone, but a memory pointer was missing for some reason. I've reinstalled the app and re-downloaded the music yesterday after it happened again. Today, all of the music was lost again, and Spotify had issues playing via bluetooth. Songs would play for 15-100 seconds and then stop.

I've searched via Google and the forum search engine, but all the posts result in issues from 2+ years ago. The last post about this bug is https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Android-New-music-won-t-stay-downloaded/idi-p/162992, but there doesn't seem to be a solution other than reinstall the program again as of three weeks ago. Do you have any suggestions?

I need to be able to download playlists and songs because I live in an area with poor cell coverage which limits streaming.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

It seems there is no longer "email" support - only "chat" support. This is just one more way that big services like Spotify are alienating users and making it more difficult and time consuming to get the help they need.

Suggested posts