Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline-Mode on Samsung Gear App is not working!!!

Offline-Mode on Samsung Gear App is not working!!!

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Gear S3 Frontier

Operating System

Tizen/Android

My Question or Issue

Unfortunately the Offline-Mode ist not working in any way! Stop, it's working if I'm online (whether it's via Wi-Fi or connected via Bluetooth with an internet connected Smartphone). But the main function it should provide is a joke since the last app update. I can de-install and re-install the app, delete my downloaded files an re-download them (while Charging or not), but it won't play any downloaded music if not connected! But it's the OFFLINE-MODE! What's so difficult to get this function running properly. The poor thing with this situation is that spotify/the developers of the app don't give a f... about us customers!!!

Does anyone has a solution to this problem?

5 Replies

Hey there @Hulkner

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall instead of the regular one? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing.

Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.

It's also a good idea to log in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Hi there, 

First of all, thank you for your reply. 

Short question: Did you recognize that I was talking about the Tizen App for Samsung Galaxy Gear S3 Frontier Smartwatch? I made a (clean) install several times. It won't give me the solution. 

The app shows me the track I was playing on a different device. But it doesn't play that or a downloaded song offline (both in regular or offline mode. The app only plays songs when connected to the internet. But that's not what I want from an OFFLINE mode. 

Tried everything what you describe, no solution at all 😞

Not working for me either, I think I have tried all possible combinations of connections, downloads, disconnections, etc. Everything fails as soon as I am without any connection (BT and Wi-Fi), it doesn't matter if I set Spotify as Offline or not, downloaded playlist doesn't play, stays loading forever until app closes, or worse, it puts some stupid message like "Check your connection" when I have set Offline... Please Spotify, this is a killer feature for Spotify + Smart watch, but you are killing us by not supporting it properly. If this doesn't get fixed soon, I'll remove my Premium account.

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

There's currently an ongoing issue about this. It would be great if you could leave the information that's being asked for in the thread. You can also leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts