Plan

Premium

Germany

Device

Samsung S10

Operating System

Android 10.0

My Question or Issue

If you play tracks from a playlist in offline mode and stop playing, the track where you stopped the music is no longer where you stopped the music and closed Spotify and restarted Spotify after a while. I own a Samsung S10. The problem does not exist with a Samsung S8. Does somebody has any idea ?

5 Replies

Hi there @IGriepp,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Could you give us a bit more info on exactly what goes wrong when you restart the app after pausing a song in offline mode? 

If you can share a screen recording video, that would be great.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

If I play songs in offline mode from any of your playlists and then at some point stop the music playback and close Spotify over everything and then restart Spotify between about 30 minutes and several hours, Spotify is only in offline mode, but the song where I stopped is no longer displayed. I have a screenshot with examples

Hey @IGriepp,

Thanks for the clarification.

First we'd recommend doing a clean reinstall of the app. Please follow the exact steps from this Spotify Guide. Note that you'd have to redownload your offline music after this.

Can you check in your phone's settings if there is any Battery optimization software and disable it for the Spotify app. It's also worth checking if there are any apps that clear cache regularly, as it might be good to disable those for Spotify as well.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

AlexModerator

Hello. I have carried out all the steps but unfortunately without success. The problem is still there.

Hi there @IGriepp,

Thanks for the reply!

Since this is only happening when you're listening to downloaded playlists there might be an issue with the cache. This could happen both on your phone's internal memory and your SD card if your using one.

Can you try the following:

1. Remove the SD card from your phone.
  2. Reinstall Spotify but don't open it yet.
  3. Run the SD card through an error-check software on your computer. You can also format it, but be sure to backup your data.
  4. Place SD card back into your phone (preferably, after formatting)
  5. Open Spotify.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts