Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8 with SD-Card

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

I just want to lonk on this thread because I think it got moved in Closed and I still have a problem and new Information to work with.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Offline-Music-deleted-after-reboot/m-p/4854128#M159214

5 Replies

Hey, @NickMulle 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Just in case, when you are listing to any song and lock the screen, the song stops?

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes this sometimes happens to me that the music I'm playing randomly stops when my phone is locked. But this is not a big problem.

My problem is that my whole offline library gets deleted when I reboot by phone.

This right here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Offline-Music-deleted-after-reboot/m-p/4854128#M159214

Alright, I've got your issue before, but I've asked it because maybe your cell phone is cutting down the access to the use of Spotify on the background. 

So, I recommend that you try these following tips:

• Battery settings
  1. Go to settings
  2. Apps
  3. Three-dots menu
  4. Special Access
  5. Optimise Battery Usage
  6. And then, you turn if off for Spotify
  • Data Usage
  1. Again, on "Special Access" page, go to Allow app while Data saver on
  2. And then, you turn it on for Spotify

After all these steps, I recommend that you restart your device again and check if the issue you're reporting is solved and, of course, keep me posted here.

Best Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Thanks for this solution, it fixed the problem with playback stopping if the phone is locked.

But my all my offline songs were deleted again after the reboot and this is my main problem. I have a fix for it but it is very laborious and takes a while. I've posted it in the other thread I've linked earlier. And would really like a bug fix for that. If you need any more details on that just reply.

Happy that the other issue was solved, but sad that the main issue wasn't... For now, I recommend that you go your account page on desktop and remove all your offline devices there. After that, on your mobile, clean all data and cache from Spotify, reboot the device and then reinstall the app again. I know that you've already tried a reinstallation, but it's really important that you try it again following these tips order I've suggested. After all this process, try to download some songs again and reboot your device and check if the issue is solved...

Keep me posted!

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts