Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline content disappears after reboot of device - SD card is not recognised from Spotify at boot

Offline content disappears after reboot of device - SD card is not recognised from Spotify at boot

Hello @ all (but mainly all app developer for Android 😉 ),

since the last client update of the Android Spotify Client I have a really severe issue on my Galaxy S4:

Every time I reboot the device, all my downloaded playlists are "gone" (Playlists stay but are not availible offline any more, all of them!).

I use an SD card for caching and the device is encrypted.

The current (not working) version of the client I use is 1.2.0.534. My Android on the Samsung Galaxy S4 is 4.4.2.

What I've done so far:

- clear cache

- clear data

- removed client & installed client again

- removed client, wiped & formated SD card, installed client again

- free space on SD card is more then 21 GB.

Result: Nothing helped.

Like I said in the beginning, the issue appeared first since version 1.2.0.534.

Ahhh - Just got the cause while preparing to take a screenshot:

The SD card is not recognized from the Spotify app after reboot process. I guess because Spotify is starting to early after restart, so not all configuration is finished.

By the way: I don't understand why Spotify has to start up directly after reboot at all?! - Can you please turn off the automatic start in the next version?

Thanks in advance for your attention and answers,

MS

PS: I'm paying customer - Just as info for the case it makes a difference...

20140813_143300.jpg
14 Replies

Still the same with version 1.3.0.423...

Pls I have this problem too, give us a solution 😞

Are you rooted at all?

It might be an idea to try a startup manager to delay it if possible: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=imoblife.startupmanager&hl=en

FYI - the reason it starts on boot is for things like push notifications, validating premium etc

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

No root possible, it's a company device.
Tried startup manager but it does not show Spotify at all, guess because not rooted...

It was all ok before version 1.2.0.534 of the android client, so it should be no option to install another software to make it work as designed?

Try disabling all push notifications from the settings screen. This may app it from starting on boot.

Android Troubleshooting:

That's 'stop it starting on boot'

😊

Android Troubleshooting:

No, sorry, it's not stopping Spotify to start up directly after boot on my device. 

But after disabling all notifications i can't reproduce the issue, even after enabling notifications again. Rebooted several times now and all content is still there - very strange... 

Thanks for your ideas mechanimal82, helped to "disable the bug" at least for a while 😄

Now that's very odd indeed. 😊

Ah well, if it's worked then that's great. Come back if you experience it again

Android Troubleshooting:

It happened again. Several times :((
It's very anoying to download all playlists again and again...
Can someone (app developer) please help?!

Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like much can be done to fix this aside from using a different SD card, which I presume you're limited on with it being a company phone?

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi dinomight,
it is not an issue of the SD card, as it only happens since the last 2 versions of the app. Before all was fine.
It would help really much if the app had a delayed startup - I guess - so the system has more time to initialize the storage card. (issue only occurs one time directly after startup, if you don't restart the phone all works fine)
And that should be done by the developer(s) and not by customers with some phone rooting and several helper apps if you ask me...

I use the same phone and have no issue with the SD card. That's why I suggest another card. Yes, it's strange that it used to work for you, but I don't see there being a fix for one card. Do you have the specs and brand for the one you're using?
dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

I receive this error on stating up no because my company device now requires encryption, which slows down startup/getting the SD card ready. 

Fortunately though, after clicking 'ok' to the No SD card available error and closing spotify, if I open it back up after a minute or two once the SD card is fully loaded, all my music is there, including offline playlists.

that startup manager app is cool. unfortunately spotify does not show up in the list, so there is no way to disable/delay it

It would be nice if the application could check that, if there is no SD available, maybe one is inserted but being mounted/decrypted. I'm not sure if that's possible though.

darn, I just lost all of the offline stuff from a reboot as well. Not sure why this time it didnt work waiting for the SD card decryption 

Suggested posts